Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catterick sticky 2020 - all Catterick chat in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can help.
I have my Phase 1 booked for Feb and was wondering if I am able to drive up and park my car there as I can’t see anything on the website ?
Thanks in advance
12DBE335-96AB-4E53-A713-F3AF87B6D893.png

Hi guys got my selection date early Jan won't say a date, any idea when the next intake will be after that, cheers fellas
(2021)
ITC

Hi guys got my selection date early Jan won't say a date, any idea when the next intake will be after that, cheers fellas
(2021)
ITC

(2021)

As far as I am aware It is usually every month but depends what you go in for. I passed my assessment on 25th Nov and got offered dates every month, I went for 21st of Feb.
What unit are you going in for?

As far as I am aware It is usually every month but depends what you go in for. I passed my assessment on 25th Nov and got offered dates every month, I went for 21st of Feb.
What unit are you going in for?
Cheers for the reply dude, and going for lancs, do they offer you dates to start when u go to selection or do they give you dates a few days after not sure how it works now was 4yr ago since I did it

Cheers for the reply dude, and going for lancs, do they offer you dates to start when u go to selection or do they give you dates a few days after not sure how it works now was 4yr ago since I did it
They offered me dates after my interview at the assessment centre pal

ITCWW

Crow
So I'm nearly done with phase 1 at Catterick but I'm thinking the infantry isn't the trade for me. Is it feasible to transfer out of Catterick to a trade after completion of phase 1 training, or should I alert my chain of command I want to transfer out now?

So I'm nearly done with phase 1 at Catterick but I'm thinking the infantry isn't the trade for me. Is it feasible to transfer out of Catterick to a trade after completion of phase 1 training, or should I alert my chain of command I want to transfer out now?

If I were you I’d speak to my chain of command and go through everything with them. Why don’t you think the infantry is right for you? If you don’t mind me asking. Also do you know what trade you want to transfer to ?

Sflynn1970

Clanker
My son is Nearly through basic and home for Xmas. someone wanted to transfer to Royal engineers in their troop apparently It was only lucky that his corporal managed to speak to someone but generally it is Usually unlikely. A number have also been told that they would have to go through assessment centre again if they wanted to change regiments as I guess if what you want to do is popular then there will already be people who have finished assessment waiting for dates and wouldn’t be fair for someone to jump the queue I guess. So I guess it depends on how popular the role you want to do is.

The_Duke

LE
My son is Nearly through basic and home for Xmas. someone wanted to transfer to Royal engineers in their troop apparently It was only lucky that his corporal managed to speak to someone but generally it is Usually unlikely. A number have also been told that they would have to go through assessment centre again if they wanted to change regiments as I guess if what you want to do is popular then there will already be people who have finished assessment waiting for dates and wouldn’t be fair for someone to jump the queue I guess. So I guess it depends on how popular the role you want to do is.
I would think it is about making sure they are capable of filling the role. If someone only passed at the lowest entry criteria, why would they get a free pass to transfer to a more technical trade?

CC_TA

LE
Wasn't too sure if to bung this in here or in the Rupert zone.

Do recruits often / ever get selected or nudged towards commission whilst at Catterick?

FrankieBoy

Swinger
I start basic at catterick end of next month feel as if im ready to smash it and do well. Got my 2k run time to under 9 mins sometimes just above by a few seconds. Whats decent run time for 2k for someone in my position about to start basic. And obviously im going to keep trying to speed up and hopefully get it down to 8 before I go.

I start 24th jan for the rifles (best reg)

Status
Not open for further replies.