Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catterick sticky 2020 - all Catterick chat in here

Kalu19

Swinger
Hi there, please can you help. My 19 year old son is progressing through the application stages nicely. The only issue is he got into some trouble 2 years ago and had a 6 year CIFAS marker applied to his credit history.

Will this be picked up on background checks and will it affect him adversely? I’m so worried that he will be rejected for a stupid and idiotic misdemeanour that he committed when he was young and naive. Thank you for any information
I can't offer too much in terms of information, but he needs to be honest from the beginning. If he conceals it, it will come out and that'll be the end of his application.

I can't offer too much in terms of information, but he needs to be honest from the beginning. If he conceals it, it will come out and that'll be the end of his application.
Thank you. I’m really hoping that it doesn’t affect him adversely, he wants this so much

Are intakes still happening as normal or are quarantines in place so you arrive clean?? Read yesterday about current trainees having to isolate as positive tests amongst their troop and therefore missing training.

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
Are intakes still happening as normal or are quarantines in place so you arrive clean?? Read yesterday about current trainees having to isolate as positive tests amongst their troop and therefore missing training.

Intakes are still forming up. Covid has forced some practical changes to the daily running of ITC. They have made some changes with timings going to the cookhouse, stores and signing out weapons. After 14 days the platoon essentially becomes a household/bubble. Should Covid-19 be confirmed within the platoon then they may be required to isolate. The training teams have adapted well to various measures and it is running as smoothly as it can.

Last edited:
Hi there, my son is going to Catterick on 25th October. We’ve got the kit list but it doesn’t mention an iron or ironing board...yet I’ve seen them mentioned here. What do people recommend? Bring iron/ironing board with him or buy them at ITC? Thank you

Hi there, my son is going to Catterick on 25th October. We’ve got the kit list but it doesn’t mention an iron or ironing board...yet I’ve seen them mentioned here. What do people recommend? Bring iron/ironing board with him or buy them at ITC? Thank you

I’d suggest bringing your own iron and from what I’ve heard from my army careers advisor you can only take an iron with a max wattage of 1200w so be aware of that but it’s up to him whether he wants to bring his own ironing board as there is some there until he gets the chance to buy one during training. Hope this helps a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads