Catterick sticky 2020 - all Catterick chat in here

The_Duke

LE
A new sticky thread for those hoping to undertake recruit training at ITC Catterick during 2020.

The rules:

1. Think before you post - No personal details, no times of trains etc. Absolutely no FB links. Read the sticky thread on personal security before you start posting.

2. No such thing as a stupid question, but please make sure you use the search engine before you ask. The 2019 sticky is worth searching for answers.

3. Keep it civil. For the "old and bold", if you can't help with accurate and current information, then head over to the NAAFI to play. ROPs await those who can't follow this simple rule.

Shakebody

Swinger
Duke of lancs. You?
Also, have you had final offer/joining instructions. At assessment centre I was given conditional offer but I haven't heard from them since
What do you mean by conditional offer can you elaborate please.

I just spoke to them about it, He said I could receive my kit list and final offer 1 week before my start date, he said to check the generic kit list in the army website.

I’m heading there late March for Guards.

Is there anything extra you’d suggest taking that might not be obvious? (Ear plugs for those loud snorers etc)

Anybody know if we have to bring an ironing board with us? It says so on the kit list but I just don't want to be the only one turning up with one

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
Anybody know if we have to bring an ironing board with us? It says so on the kit list but I just don't want to be the only one turning up with one
You can buy your own at the SPAR/shop/NAAFI on site. It saves the embarrassment of carrying one on your train journey while wearing a suit.

A good idea of using a surfboard cover containing an ironing board if you choose to take one. Bit more subtle.

If you share one, you’ll be waiting forever for your turn as irons are never out of your hand in phase one.

Last edited:
Hi, Has anyone been on PRAC since the fitness changes? Just wondered if it had changed much that's all. Got selection in a few weeks so hoping PRAC wont be much longer after that

RandyLahey

Swinger
Hi, Has anyone been on PRAC since the fitness changes? Just wondered if it had changed much that's all. Got selection in a few weeks so hoping PRAC wont be much longer after that
Yeah mate I did it on the 20th to 24th Jan. Have got a mate doing it at the moment too.
What do you want to know bud?

Latest Threads