Catterick Posting - Bone questions included

Status
Not open for further replies.
First posting, no contact details yet, just know the barracks, got a daft question.

Is there a central guard room you need to check into first? Only camps I've been on have had a single guard room at the front gates, where you pick up your keys, car pass, let you into the site, etc. Looking at Catterick it appears to be several smaller barracks with their own fences/gates, but there doesn't seem to be any manned gates on google maps, they all seem locked/closed with no attached guard room.

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you don't know which barracks you'll be in, now might be a good time to ask.

sand_rat

Old-Salt
There are, or were multiple separate barracks each its own separate identity, each with its own guard room, protective fencing, own cookhouse etc etc. Chances are that you will be in one of them as a 'stand alone', perhaps one of the more up to date occupants can update my aged musings . . .

If you don't know which barracks you'll be in, now might be a good time to ask.
Know the barracks and how to get there, just not sure how to actually get inside the gates, the gates are all closed and no MPGS manning the barriers on the other side, and no obvious guard rooms outside.

There are, or were multiple separate barracks each its own separate identity, each with its own guard room, protective fencing, own cookhouse etc etc. Chances are that you will be in one of them as a 'stand alone', perhaps one of the more up to date occupants can update my aged musings . . .
Cheers, was hoping as much.

Last edited:
How old are you?, and you have to ask on an open forum how to get to your first posting. FFS man do you have a sat nav,? you have the address, phone the unit, ask for the exact location, and travel directions. Its not rocket science. If possible, during your leave, drive over there on a reccie, or use Google earth, and physically see where it is. Nearest station is Darlington, a bus service goes directly to Catterick.

Its what us civvie construction workers do when engaged to work on our next construction site, factory, steel works, power station, etc.

How old are you?, and you have to ask on an open forum how to get to your first posting. FFS man do you have a sat nav,? you have the address, phone the unit, ask for the exact location, and travel directions. Its not rocket science. If possible, during your leave, drive over there on a reccie, or use Google earth, and physically see where it is. Nearest station is Darlington, a bus service goes directly to Catterick.

Its what us civvie construction workers do when engaged to work on our next construction site, factory, steel works, power station, etc.
18 :)

None of your points are amazingly valid since I know where I'm going, am just asking about the procedure once I get there since it's different to the camps I've been on prior. Thank you for your post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads