• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

catterick pad locks

Status
Not open for further replies.
might be silly questions but any one no what sort pad locks to take , I dont want to get rong sort to big or small .......?

The thing is with a coded lock there are no keys to lock inside your locker thus saving you from a run to the guardroom and back with a pair of bolt cutters when you should be getting washed shaved and dressed.

From memory, the holes to fix your padlocks to are not that big, so don't go getting the biggest fecking ones you can find.

I think I used to have some Chubb* ones which were about 1.5" square with the loopy bit being about .75cm in diameter

*shudders at the name

joey_deacons_lad said:
The thing is with a coded lock there are no keys to lock inside your locker thus saving you from a run to the guardroom and back with a pair of bolt cutters when you should be getting washed shaved and dressed.
Until you forget the code... again :D

if you go for coded ones, be careful what number you use.

ie Don't use either your army number or your pin number!

coldstreamjack said:
iv heard dont take coded ones just take key ones
Thats strange, as your joining instructions state:-

Strong combination locks (at least 5) or locks that can only be locked by a key
:roll:

Shite, I thought we were talking about those special knickers for soldiers wives!

PADLOCK one word!

Forastero

LE
luke.s said:
how many padlocks do you need?
Good God man, read through the thread! How many does Sandmanfez quote? Do yourself a big favour and read through any thread before asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.