Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gren, May 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I did a search and nothing came up, so if there is a thread, i apologise.

How, apart from shooting them, do you stop cats from crapping in your garden.
    Ive just seeded a new area of lawn and planted a lot of bulbs etc, but the little shites keep digging them up or digging in the lawn seed, and crapping.
    Im getting to the stage of setting up a hide and getting the basts that way, but apparently its not the done thing to kill your neighbours pets.

Is there a safe/legal way to stop them?

I say legal, because i dont want the next time a neighbour asks "have you seen my cat" to reply, yes i buried him last night.

Although, its getting closer to that.

Many thanks
  2. Bring your garden indoors and don't allow cats inside.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There are legal means, and then there are successful ones. If a dog craps on your garden the owner can be fined, a cat is the only animal that can get away with shoiting everywhere. Apply for an asbo for the owner. Alternatively kill the little fecker. I have zero tolerance for moggies!
  4. Sprinkle aniseed powder on the soil. They'll avoid it like the plague and you can get it from most garden centres.

Alternatively, use cocaine. With the infighting among the Colombian cartel, the price is nosediving (geddit?)
  5. I've seen people laying plastic bottles of water around their garden.

They reckon its to keep out cats!

Maybe it works by bending the sunlight through the water in the bottles.

Supposed to work though!
  6. This stuff is the dog's danglies!

We bought some for our neighbours because they were complaining that our moggies (we have five of them) were crapping in their garden. The thing is that once they've been there once or twice and had a whiff, they become wary and stay away forever.

It's also not harmful to birds or other forms of animal life.

7. [Non naafi 'serious' mode ON]

Go onto shamazon or some such shoppy type of site and look for cat detterent. Can't remember what they're called.
    An electroniccy device that sends out a high pitch noise whenever a moggy walks past it and it bugs the sh1t out of them. They'll soon get the message.

Alternatively, and not a wah. I've heard that you can get lion urine/manure and that cats wont go anywhere near where it's been sprayed. Could try spraying it on the cat and watch it freak out.

[Non naafi 'serious' mode OFF]

Gut the furry little fecker and hang it's carcass from the fence as a warning
  8. Go to

in the garden section there is a Motion-activated Garden pest repeller that squirts water at the moggy etc.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It works on dogs, alternatively a bit of blue tac in an air rifle works!
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Orange peal in the flower beds, they don't like the citrus apparently.
  11. Ugly- that is fantastic!

What an Anti Pet weapon.

I have a bolt action Co2 jobbie, reckon that would work with it (silenced too with beautiful optics) the neighbours got several annoying cats that sh!t all over my decking!!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

A certain loon in my old pln squited some amyl nitrate up the pub cats snout, it was dancing for 20 minutes apparently, good old NBC first aid kits!
  13. Thanks for the replies folks, and i think i will be buying that stuff you mention Bugsy, cheers.

Ive heard about lion manure working, but damned if i can find a zoo that will sell it, but have seen some pellets that have been soaked in itbut not sure if it will have the same effect.

Not tried to fire bluetak thru an air rifle but might as well try.
  14. that Bear Gorilla survival chap pished in a circle around his bed cos male urine scares off hyenas so get a load of your drunk mates to have a slash all over the lawn!!
  15. Bloody moggies should be classed as vermin and shot on sight