Cats in the mess!!!

Discussion in 'Officers' started by orificecadet, Aug 30, 2005.

?
  1. yay

27.1%
  2. nay

72.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should officers be allowed to bring cats into the mess?
    Should each mess have a cat, keep down the rat population in the germ infested sodhexo kitchen?

2. no because as anyone knows....cats are the spawn of the devil.

evil little blighters....get a dog!

.:M-F:.

3. Surley it's an Officers Mess not a zoo. Were would you draw the line? dog's, cat's, what next?

S-D

4. The dogs must have something to do if they aren't allowed at work! :twisted:

5. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

<Shakes his heads and suddenly feels very old> Cats? Fecking YOs...

6. Sick... get a grip

parasites

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Pussy, yes - cats, no.

8. Have you ever been to a Mess function? You should be able to see a whole range of animals.

9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Wouldn't that turn the mess into a cat house?

10. Cats? No, frankly, this is not a fit subject for discussion. Cats are ungrateful, spiteful, hateful, individual little SH*TS. They would only be an acceptable Mess pet for:

a. Spinsters of questionable orientation.
    b. RAF aircrew.

As for keeping Sodexho rats down, few of the pampered, prissy cats owned by a and b above would be any match for a rat raised on GM foods, stale canapes and flat champagne.

11. Wasn't there a Mess in BAOR kept a Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig?

12. What has happened to peoples sense of style?, cats ffS! :roll: The ideal mess mascot is a Capuchin monkey complete with bell-hop tunic and cap. With a little effort they can be trained to perform all manner of amusing tricks such as riding the CO's Lab, bugg*ring soft toys on the bar, and pis*ing in the punch. Trust me, a midnight raid on Marwell zoo would be well worth the risk.

13. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Cats in the mess? I suppose it would be something for the dogs to chase...

14. Lets face it, cats don't like us. I know, I've got 2 of the ungrateful little ******* (named Fur Faced Bastard and Scrote Cat incidentally).

You don't own them, they use you as a source of food, and when the feeling takes them, warmth.

Even if someone one did take a cat into the mess (nothing against that), it would cease to be his cat when he moved. The cat would simply stay where it had the cushiest number. They're cats afterall, they're not stupid.