Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Realised that I'd never introduced my furry overlord to the cat thread. Here she is overseeing my cat5 installation expansion.

20210724_145241.jpg

Yes, that's all well and good, but it's no point showing us your owner and not telling us her identity. If she finds out about that, you'll be sorry!
Well, about 4 years ago when she started coming to visit, she walked in & introduced herself as Meep. After she'd reviewed our applications she pronounced herself satisfied with another Meep, so that's what we call her.

Since then we have officially stolen her - previous servants moved & after 6 months of her evading capture (mainly because she was living here), with the assistance of the local CPL & the £500 vet's bill that I mentioned during the negotiations, it was decided that she'd made her choice.

She is a small cat, now 5 years old, & a devil for the hunt, until her I'd not realised how loud a cat eating a sparrow under the bed at 3am could be!

Well, about 4 years ago when she started coming to visit, she walked in & introduced herself as Meep. After she'd reviewed our applications she pronounced herself satisfied with another Meep, so that's what we call her.

Since then we have officially stolen her - previous servants moved & after 6 months of her evading capture (mainly because she was living here), with the assistance of the local CPL & the £500 vet's bill that I mentioned during the negotiations, it was decided that she'd made her choice.

She is a small cat, now 5 years old, & a devil for the hunt, until her I'd not realised how loud a cat eating a sparrow under the bed at 3am could be!

Thanks for that.

Tell Madam Meep she's got a good taste in slaves, judging by how photogenic she is in that piccy of Her supervising your work, which means you're well up to your duties as tin-opener and treat-giver-in-chief.

Well, that wasn't so bad. I now know what my bowel looks like. Time to fill my face and make up for lost time. Thanks to all on this thread for the good wishes, it settled a few nerves!

Funnily enough, when I came back the Furry Psycho was still staring at me with a smirk on her face. Cats!

Interesting. Over here it’s usually done with a general (propofol) and you just wake up in the recovery room.

I was given a mild sedative. Not enough for any memory loss more of a happy feeling. They don't go in for general anaesthetic here if it can be avoided which on the face of it is sensible.

Well, that wasn't so bad. I now know what my bowel looks like. Time to fill my face and make up for lost time. Thanks to all on this thread for the good wishes, it settled a few nerves!

Funnily enough, when I came back the Furry Psycho was still staring at me with a smirk on her face. Cats!

Glad to hear it all went well.

Thanks for that.

Tell Madam Meep she's got a good taste in slaves, judging by how photogenic she is in that piccy of Her supervising your work, which means you're well up to your duties as tin-opener and treat-giver-in-chief.
Photogenic? She's a complete & utter tart, and she knows it.

As for food, weirdest cat I've had: doesn't like pouches, tins, fresh chicken, fish, will only eat crunchies (& small inoffensive rodents and birds) she only drinks if her bowl is on the draining board.

Any biopsies? I love that when they took mine they tattooed the spot. Have a quiet evening, as @CrashTestDummy said the farting can be epic but, as you know what happened, it's difficult to trust...

As for the Furry Psycho, remind her next time her temperature is taken that revenge is best served cold - forget that as cats already know.:D

A bit similar to you but my dad died of bowel cancer when in 1965 when he was 65 (and I was 18 )
I have had a colonoscopy every 4 years since I turned 40 for that reason. Main change over the years was you used to have to drink vast quantities of a horrible tasting laxative, now you drink vast quantities of. laxative that tastes like water, much nicer. Here in the US they usually sedate you so you are out or nearly out. Only odd thing was once when out I must have been dreaming of Donegal or something as I awoke asking the nurse questions in Irish "Where are we" "Who are you" "Whats your name" etc and it took me a moment to start over in English. Poor woman thought my brain had been scrambled.

Re my dad's age: Odd to think that my dad was born when Victoria had a brief time left on the throne, McKinley was still US President and the Wright Brothers were making bicycles and tinkering with a possible flying machine.

Ditto here in France. I had my first experience last Thursday. Preparation was, without doubt, the worst part. 2 Litres of a vile brew called EasyKlean starting 1700 on the night before. Same again at 0300 on the day. My God, it was effective. The reaction brewed 40 minutes then it was Hiroshima revisit d.

I reported to the clinic at 0730, and after a pre-op which included an ECG I was under a GA by 0830. I came round at 0930, quick debrief from the doc. Back to my room for obs and a petit-déjeuner, then on my way home by 1100.

The doc dealt with a couple of polyps while I was under and doesn’t want to see me again for another 5 years. I might have forgotten about my night on the throne by then.