Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

I think I got a winner!!

Saturday night - Pyewacket was very skittish and timid. I left her in the laundry off the kitchen with food, water and a blanket to avoid warfare with the other cats

Sunday - Morning- Jailbreak, aided and abetted, no doubt, by the other cats, laundry door open and no sign of the kitten. About midnight, as I was going to bed, she came out from under the couch, looked at me and skuttled back under the couch.
In the middle of the night I got up to use the bathroom and she was asleep on the bed in the next room, curled up with Wombat. She saw me and ran out of the room, up the stairs and into one of the rooms on the 3rd floor

Monday - I was away much of the day (eye doctor appt) and returned to find Pyewacket on the kitchen floor with Hobbs washing her ears. Before I went to bed she hopped up on the table to see why my fingers were tapping on keys in front of a screen. She allowed herself to be patted and then wandered off.

Tuesday - In the bathroom she was fascinated by the shower stall but was horrified when the water was turned on and and immediately fled for the security of the third floor. As I got dressed she came over for pats until i dropped a sock on the floor and she decided it was the gift of a cat toy.
I usually nap for an hour before dinner, one of the benefits of being retired. When I lay down she hopped on the bed and began a prolonged period of head butts seeking pats. I did eventually get to sleep for a bit.
It is now bedtime and she is circling my legs rubbing against me as I try to concentrate on typing this.

I had expected a period of hissing, spitting and fighting and none of that has happened yet.
This was easier than I thought.

IMG_2274.JPG

Last edited:

Bollox

War Hero
I think I got a winner!!

Saturday night - Pyewacket was very skittish and timid. I left her in the laundry off the kitchen with food, water and a blanket to avoid warfare with the other cats

Sunday - Morning- Jailbreak, aided and abetted, no doubt, by the other cats, laundry door open and no sign of the kitten. About midnight, as I was going to bed, she came out from under the couch, looked at me and skuttled back under the couch.
In the middle of the night I got up to use the bathroom and she was asleep on the bed in the next room, curled up with Wombat. She saw me and ran out of the room, up the stairs and into one of the rooms on the 3rd floor

Monday - I was away much of the day (eye doctor appt) and returned to find Pyewacket on the kitchen floor with Hobbs washing her ears. Before I went to bed she hopped up on the table to see why my fingers were tapping on keys in front of a screen. She allowed herself to be patted and then wandered off.

Tuesday - In the bathroom she was fascinated by the shower stall but was horrified when the water was turned on and and immediately fled for the security of the third floor. As I got dressed she came over for pats until i dropped a sock on the floor and she decided it was the gift of a cat toy.
I usually nap for an hour before dinner, one of the benefits of being retired. When I lay down she hopped on the bed and began a prolonged period of head butts seeking pats. I did eventually get to sleep for a bit.
It is now bedtime and she is circling my legs rubbing against me as I try to concentrate on typing this.

I had expected a period of hissing, spitting and fighting and none of that has happened yet.
This was easier than I thought.

View attachment 421696
It seems her training of you is coming along nicely,, I'm glad she gets on with the other cats one of the benefits of introducing a kitten is that they are not seen as a threat to the adult cats and get put at the bottom of the pecking order.

It seems her training of you is coming along nicely,, I'm glad she gets on with the other cats one of the benefits of introducing a kitten is that they are not seen as a threat to the adult cats and get put at the bottom of the pecking order.
Precisely why I wanted a kitten.

TamH70

MIA
You know you're going to pay dearly for that bow, right...?
There is no insurance company on Earth that would cover sprocket after that one. That's the same sort of risk as BASE jumping into an active volcano.

Cat thug.jpg

Sunday - Morning- Jailbreak, aided and abetted, no doubt, by the other cats, laundry door open and no sign of the kitten.

With having 7 litters of kittens, we've seen some rum things......

Our queen, Lilee, was quite a character, she had her own way of raising kittens.

We weren't allowed to wean them, we tried, but she wasn't having it.

A few days after we'd tried, a little chirp, and they all filed out behind her, and straight away started scoffing.

Same with litter- training, a little chirp, and they all trooped out, she pee'd in the litter tray, and they all followed suit.

When she wanted to take them out, but we thought it was too soon, another chirp, then she positioned herself, so her back was arched, with her head opening up the cat flap, and the little buggers scrambled out, underneath her belly.

Cats.... dumb animals...... don't think so.

Here's a couple of shots of Pips conducting her daily reccy patrol of the back garden early today.

Right, That's the back gate checked, still closed but I'll hop over that no problem in 30 minutes or so.
IMG_2304aa.JPG

Hmmm, no Mice, Spiders, or anything worth killing behind the doorstep.
IMG_2300aa.JPG

Nope, Nothing over there either so NO point in wasting energy bimbling over that way.
IMG_2305aa.JPG

Nice to see the uglier parental giving up his comfy cushion for me - dufus!
IMG_2308aa.JPG

Hang ON......What's that I hear?
IMG_2309aa.JPG

Bollox, nothing doing.
and shortly thereafter.......
IMG_2343aa.JPG

Here's a couple of shots of Pips conducting her daily reccy patrol of the back garden early today.

Right, That's the back gate checked, still closed but I'll hop over that no problem in 30 minutes or so.
View attachment 421828

Hmmm, no Mice, Spiders, or anything worth killing behind the doorstep.
View attachment 421830

Nope, Nothing over there either so NO point in wasting energy bimbling over that way.
View attachment 421831

Nice to see the uglier parental giving up his comfy cushion for me - dufus!
View attachment 421832

Hang ON......What's that I hear?
View attachment 421834
Bollox, nothing doing.
and shortly thereafter.......
View attachment 421837
looks like pips has a wonderful life. bright eyes too.

looks like pips has a wonderful life. bright eyes too.
Correct on both counts - (I say as the wife brings out a toasted egg salad sandwich and a coffe for me :)
20191010_112204_resize_29.jpg

Getting a bit worried.
Currently In Arizona on holi.....er, exercise with the usual TACP crowd, when I receive a text from Jarvis’s ‘official’ human. Apparently she’s away too, but her neighbour who’s meant to be looking after him, says he hasn’t been seen since 30th September. He’s not been in or touched his food bowl at all. Very worrying.

I’m telling myself the little furry bastard has finished off the food I unofficially left out for him, and recruited another slave in my absence, but there’s still a niggling worry as we all live on a main road.

I get home on the 14th and really hope he reappears. I’ll let you all know.

Getting a bit worried.
Currently In Arizona on holi.....er, exercise with the usual TACP crowd, when I receive a text from Jarvis’s ‘official’ human. Apparently she’s away too, but her neighbour who’s meant to be looking after him, says he hasn’t been seen since 30th September. He’s not been in or touched his food bowl at all. Very worrying.

I’m telling myself the little furry bastard has finished off the food I unofficially left out for him, and recruited another slave in my absence, but there’s still a niggling worry as we all live on a main road.

I get home on the 14th and really hope he reappears. I’ll let you all know.
Fingers crossed he's ok

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 203
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads