Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Are you sure that’s not a traffic cone?
I doubt Alfie could ever aspire to be as functionally useful as a traffic cone. He struggles to beat a traffic cone for levels of activity.

Bollox

War Hero
Dillinger has adopted a new method of getting down from the bedroom windowsill. Instead of climbing down onto the tabletop, then onto the floor he takes a flying leap from the windowsill onto me as I lay in bed.
Needless to say the shock and impact received from a cat weighing 10kg leaping 2M does wake one up.

Bollox

War Hero
Just got my own back on Dillinger as I walked past the second bedroom he was laying on the bed, on his back stretched out snoring his head off.
He didn't appreciate me sneaking up to him and blowing raspberries on his belly.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just got my own back on Dillinger as I walked past the second bedroom he was laying on the bed, on his back stretched out snoring his head off.
He didn't appreciate me sneaking up to him and blowing raspberries on his belly.
I'm surprised that you're not in A&E, getting your face stitched back together!

Londo

LE
I trust Dillinger is a cat and not another arrser :p

When we bought this cat tree the top bed was advertised as 'Large enough for two cats' It is quite large, but so is the last addition to the family. He is 15 months old now and seems to be still shaping.

IMG_20190911_165520.jpg

Our little pips has been sick this past two days, puked a couple of times and basically not been herself, but earlier this morning and just now puked out what I THINK are hairballs, they looked like two small vienna sausages with hair in them. I'm hoping they are hairballs and not mouse #8 & 9? She seems fine now and is curled up on the bed asleep. Will be keeping an eye on her for sure though.

PS: The local rag gave the reason why we have a mouse problem in the area. A month ago contractors demolished a two story strip mall just a few streets away, it had been empty and boarded up for three years. Apparently it was infested with mice, and well, they needed somewhere to go live so off they went and infested the neighbourhood - until our KILLER gets them all, that is =)

I've put this elsewhere, but I think it deserves to go on here as well.

CAT-A-PULT ?

Beatriz+Cat+Hammock+Siesta.jpg

Our little pips has been sick this past two days, puked a couple of times and basically not been herself, but earlier this morning and just now puked out what I THINK are hairballs, they looked like two small vienna sausages with hair in them. I'm hoping they are hairballs and not mouse #8 & 9? She seems fine now and is curled up on the bed asleep. Will be keeping an eye on her for sure though.
PS: The local rag gave the reason why we have a mouse problem in the area. A month ago contractors demolished a two story strip mall just a few streets away, it had been empty and boarded up for three years. Apparently it was infested with mice, and well, they needed somewhere to go live so off they went and infested the neighbourhood - until our KILLER gets them all, that is =)
Sounds like the probable cause.
There was an old house across from me, on a big lot owned by an old woman who let it run down. A former neighbor bought it to build a new house on the lot. When the old house was torn down there were mice everywhere in the neighborhood.

My two cats solved the problem in my house. I kept finding mouse back legs and tails as one unit joined by the pelvis. No other bits of mouse could be found in the house. I do not know how they can eat the head without choking on skull bone. My house is fairly large and sometimes I wonder if up on the third floor that I never use there is a row of little skulls lined up under a bed as trophies.

Back during the year of the mouse, one night as I was watching hockey on TV I looked on the rug and Hobbs the cat had his paw holding down the tail of a mouse. The mouse's feet were scrabbling a mile a minute trying to get away. It looked like and old Tom and Jerry cartoon. (no idea if those cartoons crossed the pond). That mouse I rescued and put outside. He probably came back the next day and got eaten but I did give him a chance.

I saw her catch one that she had literally stalked for two days, talk about patience of a cat she watched the wood pile hour after hour after hour until little Jerry made the mistake of coming under the fence. In a flash she was on it like a, well, like a cat on a mouse. I honestly think she was ecstatic and when she first brought it over to show me I think she was genuinely proud of the catch. She flicked that thing from one side to the other, she let it get back to the fence, then boom swiped it back four feet, then she started doing those little pounce things they do, 4 paws in the air, back arched, and a drop onto the mouse 3, 4 times then a few more flicks. Even I felt sorry for it so I grabbed a rake and flicked it over the back fence onto the dog walk. Then I got rid of the mouse.
(kidding),

PS: Yep Tom & Jerry was big in the UK as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 202
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads