Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Ever since David BOC posted this link I'm haunted by the cat on the right, it always appears on my home page
ScreenShot_20190901185234.png
. Clicking on the link doesn't provide a bigger picture. Fancy being mesmorised by a ginger cat, the shame of it. But such is life.

Just back from taking BWB for his vaccinations at the vet. His big act of defiance was to do a steaming dump in the carry case. The car is ripe!!! :eek:

Ginger cat has just been in for her dinner. She comes running up for a quick
IMG_20190904_212555.jpg
IMG_20190904_212614.jpg
fuss before turning her attention to the more important subject of food. She's always ravenous. Her fur is very thick so it's hard to tell if she's thin. I say she, I think she's female from her face. She carries her very thick tail too low to tell by other means. My 2 don't mind her at all now. Here's Jeeves on his chair supervising her meal

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Took my old boy to the vet last week for his 6 monthly check up and a pedicure. Good as gold, just sat there whilst he was examined and had his nails clipped .Nearly didn't get to take him home as they all wanted hm as the surgery cat, he's so good natured.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Serious head on for a second - how would that actually work? Would the daddy cat have to be a different colour from the mummy cat for such variations to occur in the same litter, or is this normal in that cat breed?

Serious head on for a second - how would that actually work? Would the daddy cat have to be a different colour from the mummy cat for such variations to occur in the same litter, or is this normal in that cat breed?
I read somewhere, or saw it on the telly that a litter can have different fathers.

Londo

LE
Wish I knew , there seems to be so many factors involved in the colour and shade of cats fur .

Last edited:

Bollox

War Hero
I read somewhere, or saw it on the telly that a litter can have different fathers.
Tom cats have a barb on their penis, the first one to mate with a female the withdrawal of the penis with the barb cause the eggs to release so the first mating cannot result in pregnancy (nature's was of stopping son/mother mating as they are closest and probably the first to mate).
After the release of the eggs every Tom present take turns to mate so each kitten can indeed have a different father.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 202
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads