Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
View attachment 411485View attachment 411487I’ve been a lurker on this thread for a while without posting. About nine years ago next door got a ginger and white kitten called Garfield. Within weeks he was coming under the fence and Into our house to get away from the kids next door. Garfield eventually moved in permanently and we told the neighbours that Garfield was, in fact, female - and pregnant. Four beautiful kittens soon arrived and we kept the only female of the litter (along with Mum).

Unfortunately Garfield wouldn’t answer to anything else so she became Garfie instead. For the next eight years or so, she (and her daughter) ruled our lives with constant demands for food; to be let out; to be let back in again. The little scruff bag could also be very affectionate sleeping on my lap, and at other times completely ignoring us as if we didn’t exist (typical cat).

Last week Garfie went off her food. Even the usual Dreamies, and haddock from the chip shop, which would normally be devoured, were refused. She had her annual MOT last month and everything seemed to be fine. Over the week she became more lethargic, lost a little bit of weight but did not seem to be distressed or in pain. She did become a bit clingy.

We decided to monitor her over the weekend and go to the vet if she didn’t improve. This morning she was not herself, very lethargic. She purred when picked up and cuddled. The vet this morning diagnosed acute renal failure. The options were prolonged treatment with no real prospect of recovery, or euthanasia.

We always said that we would not allow any of our aminals to suffer. So Garfie left us, peacefully, at 10 o’clock this morning.

Why do the furry little bastards get under your skin so much? We’ve still got her daughter, Keena - who has never been without her mother around.

RIP Garfie. Sleep well.
Sorry for your loss, Garfie is the spit of our Tom, appropriately named Ginge (he was called Boyo, he never answered to it probably because he isn't Welsh, but will come running at Ginge!).

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Bollox

War Hero
Sorry for your loss, they do get under your skin for sure. I still randomly suffer acute moments of sadness when the memory of the passng of a previous cat that died 20 years ago springs into my mind for no reason. It only lasts a minute or too before the happy memories of that cat displace the sad ones.
It's good you have the other cat to concentrate on and as others above have said when you are ready another kitten that deserves a good life is out there waiting for you.

View attachment 411485View attachment 411487I’ve been a lurker on this thread for a while without posting. About nine years ago next door got a ginger and white kitten called Garfield. Within weeks he was coming under the fence and Into our house to get away from the kids next door. Garfield eventually moved in permanently and we told the neighbours that Garfield was, in fact, female - and pregnant. Four beautiful kittens soon arrived and we kept the only female of the litter (along with Mum).

Unfortunately Garfield wouldn’t answer to anything else so she became Garfie instead. For the next eight years or so, she (and her daughter) ruled our lives with constant demands for food; to be let out; to be let back in again. The little scruff bag could also be very affectionate sleeping on my lap, and at other times completely ignoring us as if we didn’t exist (typical cat).

Last week Garfie went off her food. Even the usual Dreamies, and haddock from the chip shop, which would normally be devoured, were refused. She had her annual MOT last month and everything seemed to be fine. Over the week she became more lethargic, lost a little bit of weight but did not seem to be distressed or in pain. She did become a bit clingy.

We decided to monitor her over the weekend and go to the vet if she didn’t improve. This morning she was not herself, very lethargic. She purred when picked up and cuddled. The vet this morning diagnosed acute renal failure. The options were prolonged treatment with no real prospect of recovery, or euthanasia.

We always said that we would not allow any of our aminals to suffer. So Garfie left us, peacefully, at 10 o’clock this morning.

Why do the furry little bastards get under your skin so much? We’ve still got her daughter, Keena - who has never been without her mother around.

RIP Garfie. Sleep well.
So sorry. Condolences

So sorry to hear of your loss, CWW...another one who's travelled over the Rainbow Bridge.

Spoil Keena rotten and get a kitten to soothe the pain.

RIP Garfie

RIP Garfie. Sleep well.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP Garfie and condolences to you and your family

Thank you for al your kind thoughts and condolences. Mrs CWW put some better pics of Garfie on Facebook. The ones I put up were the only ones I had on my phone but I felt I had post something to help me get through a tough time.

I’ve said a little prayer to Bastet, the Egyptian cat goddess, to look out for my beautiful, friendly little cat and guide her on her way.

481A9E07-D5A3-41AC-9118-B4A5777AE73D.jpeg
07090ECB-904B-4F01-B1E9-29A9F484E8F7.jpeg

Thank you for al your kind thoughts and condolences. Mrs CWW put some better pics of Garfie on Facebook. The ones I put up were the only ones I had on my phone but I felt I had post something to help me get through a tough time.

I’ve said a little prayer to Bastet, the Egyptian cat goddess, to look out for my beautiful, friendly little cat and guide her on her way.

View attachment 411560View attachment 411561
Beautiful girl. So sad to hear, commiserations.

@ColdWarWorrier so sorry to hear that. She was a beautiful cat.
Both of mine are now 11 which is why I am getting a kitten (ginger and white) on the 30th

I have had 6 cats over the years and two died of kidney failure. Apparently common in cats.

TamH70

MIA

RIP Garfie. Sleep well.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like Garfie was a nice cat, and you did the right thing by her.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks to @Ciggie.

Many years ago my parents had two Siamese one of whom had a habit of bringing earthworms back into our second floor flat. Unfortunately they weren't always dead and the occasional onewriggled free usually outside the front door of the flat below, much to the amusement of the occupants.
Why couldn't she bring back birds like any other cat?

View attachment 411560View attachment 411561
Sorry for your loss, our old mog is currently flat out on his back on the sofa opposite me farting and snoring!

Londo

LE
Many years ago my parents had two Siamese one of whom had a habit of bringing earthworms back into our second floor flat. Unfortunately they weren't always dead and the occasional onewriggled free usually outside the front door of the flat below, much to the amusement of the occupants.
Why couldn't she bring back birds like any other cat?
My two boys Black and Decker back at the old place were always coming in with frogs and toads . Sods to catch hopping round the living room , more so when they got under the sofa .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 202
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads