Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

WTH is that.......?

He looks like one of the bigger breeds....... strike terror into a pit bull.

If he stalks over to snag your fillet steak, youl'd hardly say no.
One on the left could be a ginger-furred Maine Coon.

Misty doing well these days.
Moved on from her traumatic and abused past and now a hugely affectionate and very chatty lap cat... when she’s not stealing the boss’s blankies

709D1F0F-C129-4AD4-B868-51CCB8373D00.jpeg

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I can't move for cats today, but this little fellow has been born with only one eye, so unsure whether he should be called One Eyed Willie or Greebo, definately getting him an eye patch though

IMG-20190615-WA0004.jpg

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Harold has been pitched too (I've taken quite the shine to him, which is stupid because I'm highly allergic to the damn things)

IMG-20190616-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190616-WA0002.jpg

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Misty doing well these days.
Moved on from her traumatic and abused past and now a hugely affectionate and very chatty lap cat... when she’s not stealing the boss’s blankies

View attachment 398856

Still has that very doleful expression.

I wonder whether thats her natural genetic look, or if cats - like humans - can acquire a fixed emotional mask as a result of their previous life experiences?

Still has that very doleful expression.

I wonder whether thats her natural genetic look, or if cats - like humans - can acquire a fixed emotional mask as a result of their previous life experiences?

True. She’s a very ‘deep’ cat, friendly but not actively affectionate.
She also doesn't purr, she had cat flu when rescued and it’s left her with respiratory damage, a bit if a rattling rasp.
The cat behaviourist that’s Been working with me got the full report from the RSPCA. He’s been treating her for severe PTSD.

22 cats In a flat, all pure gingers, none neutered. One filthy litter tray, curtains closed 24/7, fed on scraps.
When rescued, 8 were too far gone to be saved, the other 14 made it, mostly walking skeletons, but Misty was the last out of intensive care building her up. All the cats had cat flue, worms and severe flea infestations, she still has skin issues and a very weak digestion. They were also covered in filth, so dirty they had to be dunked in a bath and scrubbed with a soap, disinfectant mix. She’s also suffered extensive trauma injuries. She has old scars on her shoulder from being severely bitten, she’s also at some point got a shattered jaw that’s left her with a misalignment. She’s also a very ‘stiff cat’ probably arthritis.
She’s good with people, but totally intolerant of other cats, she’s gone from super skitty and hiding from other cats, to attack on sight any cat she sees.
Vets report described her as the most anxious and nervous cat he’d ever examined. But I’ve won her round, still a jumpy creature, but much more confident.

She’s very much her own cat, but she’s good company and likes to sit on the bench in the workshop watching me.

Fwiw, not the first time the owner was busted by the RSPCA. They previously took 11 cats off her,

Last edited:
True. She’s a very ‘deep’ cat, friendly but not actively affectionate.
She also can’t purr, she had cat flu when rescued and it’s left her with respiratory damage, and a bit if a rattling rasp is her best.
The cat behaviourist that’s Been working with me got the full report from the RSPCA. He’s been treating her for severe PTSD.

22 cats In a flat, all pure gingers, none neutered. One filthy litter tray, curtains closed 24/7, fed on scraps.
When rescued, 8 were too far gone to be saved, the other 14 made it, mostly walking skeletons, but Misty was the last out of intensive care building her up. All the cats had cat flue, worms and severe flea infestations, she still has skin issues and a very weak digestion. They were also covered in filth, so dirty they had to be dunked in a bath and scrubbed with a soap, disinfectant mix. She’s also suffered extensive trauma injuries. She has old scars on her shoulder from being severely bitten, she’s also at some point got a shattered jaw that’s left her with a misalignment. She’s also a very ‘stiff cat’ probably arthritis.
She’s good with people, but totally intolerant of other cats, she’s gone from super skitty and hiding from other cats, to attack on sight any cat she sees.
Vets report described her as the most anxious and nervous cat he’d ever examined. But I’ve won her round, still a jumpy creature, but much more confident.

She’s very much her own cat, but she’s good company and likes to sit on the bench in the workshop watching me.
I remember you had her daughter(?) as well but she had to go back because she was bullying Misty. She's a lucky cat that you took her on. Great to see that she's come so far in a relatively short time.

I suppose it was inevitable. The ginger food thief just happened to arrive at the bedroom door as Jeeves had jumped off the bed to get a snack to keep his strength up.

As you might expect, he wasn't best pleased at being growled at in his own house and launched himself at the intruder who was last heard jingling down the stairs, through the house, out of the cat door and up the garden at warp speed.

Jeeves has just sauntered back looking about as smug as it's possible for a cat to look, finished his snack and decided on a nap after all the exertion.

Scud managed to sleep through the whole event.

It will be interesting to see if there are any future visits from the orange one.

I remember you had her daughter(?) as well but she had to go back because she was bullying Misty. She's a lucky cat that you took her on. Great to see that she's come so far in a relatively short time.
Thanks,

Yes, Tammy had to go back, Misty simply couldn’t cope with another cat in the house and was hiding in a bedroom on top of a cupboard 24/7.
Very hard road with her, she needed constant reassuring and coaxing, but we’ve got her there.
Tragic thing is, cats protection tell e multi cat rescues are an increasing part of their work. Cat hoarding is a national problem. The worst one they went to last year was one in Essex, over 150 cats hoarded. The creature hoarding them had run out of space, so the cats were kept penned in cat carriers stacked 6 high. The conditions for the cats in the lower pens were horrific with all the waste from the cats above coming down on them.
Interwebs is a huge problem, these loons trawl Facebook and local free ads ‘rescuing’ cars they see advertised as free to good homes when people move etc. Poor cats go into a living hell.

Last edited:
Thanks,

Yes, Tammy had to go back, Misty simply couldn’t cope with another cat in the house and was hiding in a bedroom on top of a cupboard 24/7.
Very hard road with her, she needed constant reassuring and coaxing, but we’ve got her there.
Tragic thing is, cats protection tell e multi cat rescues are an increasing part of their work. Cat hoarding is a national problem. The worst one they went to last year was one in Essex, over 150 cats hoarded. The creature hoarding them had run out of space, so the cats were kept penned in cat carriers stacked 6 high. The conditions for the cats in the lower pens were horrific with all the waste from the cats above coming down on them.
Interwebs is a huge problem, these loons trawl Facebook and local free ads ‘rescuing’ cars they see advertised as free to good homes when people move etc. Poor cats go into a living hell.
god that's tragic - people who do that should be put on a remote island with no food or shelter and just left there :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20