Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

It's not even as if what one is eating has to be in any way attractive to cats; it's merely that you're eating & they're not being offered any that affronts them.
My two have come to the conclusion that a bowl of salad mit mayo & cheese really doesn't float their boat...
I saw a review of various cat foods one of which was a vegetarian diet. Guess which food line proved to be least popular and if imposed on cat causes malnutrition.

I wouldn't of been surprised if the moon rock samples brought bat was found to contain cat poo. A litter tray that big is going to get used sooner or later
I'm surprised Apollo 11 didn't come back covered in cat hair. Every other bloody thing is.

they usually prefer filthy bucket of rainwater/dirty drain.birdbath :)
These two prefer to drink out of the 5 gallon bucket I use to set up pole float rigs, despite it being a tall bucket so they have to really stretch & the water's been in there for weeks.
The water in their drinking bowl remains untouched...

they usually prefer filthy bucket of rainwater/dirty drain.birdbath :)
These two prefer to drink out of the 5 gallon bucket I use to set up pole float rigs, despite it being a tall bucket so they have to really stretch & the water's been in there for weeks.
I've been told it's because they don't like fluoride etc. and so will seek out rain water, or tap water that has been sat for a few days.

Cat brought in a dead bird to play with,does make you wonder why they feel the need to drop it right at your feet
Protective instincts based on the realisation that you're incapable of hunting for yourself.

Basically, they think you're a pretty shit cat and feel the need to feed you.

Protective instincts based on the realisation that you're incapable of hunting for yourself.

Basically, they think you're a pretty shit cat and feel the need to feed you.
I think she’s forgotten who feeds her 360 days a year.

On another note does anyone have any methods of getting rid of fur clumps without getting my hands eaten or is it just an occupational hazard

I change my animals water bottles every day, what's left I pour into a plastic bowl outside their shed. Lily and Oscar used to drink from it quite happily.

I've been told it's because they don't like fluoride etc. and so will seek out rain water, or tap water that has been sat for a few days.
That's a good point, although the drinking water I use sits in the fridge overnight and is filtered which gets rid of any *bad tastes/smell and what have you I also use that in her bowl as well but take a drink nope she would just walk away.

* Not that the water here tastes or smells bad or anything I just find it's even better after the overnight chilling & breathing process.

I think she’s forgotten who feeds her 360 days a year.

On another note does anyone have any methods of getting rid of fur clumps without getting my hands eaten or is it just an occupational hazard
We have a long haired cat and received some great advice on here from other posters earlier this year.

We bought a Grooming Mitt, then a Brush with longer spines with the balls on the end, then got a fine toothed comb. When we first tried them out she would struggle like crazy but after a few tries started to sit still for a while. The fine tooth comb removed two big hair knots she had with no problem at all, the two other groomers have kept any new knots at bay - so far anyway.

Quick edit: The grooming glove serves as a useful bite guard when you use the fine tooth comb :)

I think she’s forgotten who feeds her 360 days a year
Yeah, but she gives you the good stuff. Think of it like the CQ bringing you fresh after a week on compo.

That's a good point, although the drinking water I use sits in the fridge overnight and is filtered which gets rid of any *bad tastes/smell and what have you I also use that in her bowl as well but take a drink nope she would just walk away.

* Not that the water here tastes or smells bad or anything I just find it's even better after the overnight chilling & breathing process.
I think the tap water which has been in a water bottle for 24 hours before being put in an open shallow bowl did the trick. Once mixed with rain water, the cats drank it no problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20