Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

This thread lost a regular poster 4 years ago today, Spike7451
Spike was a very active poster on both the "Cats and feline..." thread and on the "Arrse Kennel Club" thread.
retired Armorour from RAF. Spike passed away from leukaemia May 9th 2015.
He spent much of his time in retirement helping at a cat shelter in NI and also bringing vans of dogs from "quick kill" shelters in NI to the UK mainland placing them with "no kill" shelters that found adoptive homes.
A very kind person,
RIP Mervyn,
MervynMilliken.jpg

Every spring my Wombat the Cat starts shedding and ends up with horrible mats he chews at. The only solution is a "Lion Clip". He looks a bit silly, like a cat masquerading as a French Poodle but he is much more comfortable. At least here in my corner of the US pet groomers will not clip cats so it has to be done at the vets.
In past years I have often had to keep rescheduling appointments at the vets as he would realize where he is going and play hide and seek (and win). It feels odd to lose a battle of wits with a cat. This year he stayed in the kitchen and went into his carrier as gently as a lamb.

WombatLion.jpg

Spike was a very active poster on both the "Cats and feline..." thread and on the "Arrse Kennel Club" thread.
He spent much of his time in retirement helping at a cat shelter in NI and also bringing vans of dogs from "quick kill" shelters in NI to the UK mainland placing them with "no kill" shelters that found adoptive homes.
A very kind person,
RIP Mervyn,
View attachment 392114
RIP Mervyn, one of the good ones for sure

A very kind person,
RIP Mervyn,
View attachment 392114
Was that four years ago! I was thinking of the things he did just the other day. RIP Spike.

How time flies... Spike was a tremendous contributor to this thread, some of his posts were really funny but also informative.

RIP Spike - another good guy taken too early

Female hormones . . eh! . . . ;) .

Last edited:
What would my life be without getting home to find some big fat furry slug (that actually has a perfectly good home to go to) sneezing, snorting and farting on my sofa?

Ah! But that is just what the big green Army sleeping bag was designed for ;) .

Your "visitor" merely notes that YOU are not using it as intended, and is helping you fulfill the sleeping bag's purpose, in your absence :) .

Last edited:
And while I’m on the subject, does anybody else feel an overwhelming sense of contentment just watching their cat sleep, or is it just me?
Not just my own cats, any sleeping cat manages to radiate a field of contentment several dozen yards from its body.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And while I’m on the subject, does anybody else feel an overwhelming sense of contentment just watching their cat sleep, or is it just me?
It's not contentment, it's relief as you know they wont be sneaking up on you with malice on their mind.

Not just my own cats, any sleeping cat manages to radiate a field of contentment several dozen yards from its body.
There is something soothing about a sleeping cat
Since Wombat's lion clip (cf. post #18,763 supra) he has been extremely cuddly and affectionate. I usually sleep on my side and he has been insinuating himself as a ball of fur between my chest and my chin as I sleep. I sometimes wake due to being brushed by stiff feline whiskers but the purring is so soothing I go right back to sleep.

Since Wombat's lion clip (cf. post #18,763 supra) he has been extremely cuddly and affectionate. I usually sleep on my side and he has been insinuating himself as a ball of skin between my chest and my chin as I sleep. I sometimes wake due to being brushed by stiff feline whiskers but the purring is so soothing I go right back to sleep.
That might be something to do with him freezing without his coat on.

Oh & your post corrected to reflect recent changes...:wink:

Since Wombat's lion clip (cf. post #18,763 supra) he has been extremely cuddly and affectionate. I usually sleep on my side and he has been insinuating himself as a ball of fur between my chest and my chin as I sleep. I sometimes wake due to being brushed by stiff feline whiskers but the purring is so soothing I go right back to sleep.
Maybe he is just trying to get/keep warm, after YOU had all his "insulation" removed ;).

I'm surprised he even talks to you ! :) .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20