Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Sorry Lady P - I had not read your news. I know what it is like to lose a four legged friend. Try to remember the good times and that you have given him a nice life.

[DRIFT]

Hopefully, others will "Sign & Share" . . .

Save the Saddest Bears:
END BEAR FARMING IN VIETNAM!

We need 1,000,000 signatures.

Already 891,924 of 1,000,000 signed the petition.

Save the Saddest Bears: END BEAR FARMING IN VIETNAM!

(Also posted on the dogs' thread).

[/DRIFT]

Dillinger came in earlier chirping like crazy, he sat in front of me and started to lick his bits. He had got a twig stuck in the fur around his willy which had broken up jamming sharp bits into it.
Normally if I touch his belly for more than a few seconds he will attack, this time he not only let me dig around to remove the bits he started purring as well. I am amazed that he knew I would be able to fix it rather than retiring to a corner and trying to rip them out himself
I expect he will of forgotten this by tomorrow and I will be subject to attacks again.

So sorry to hear your sad news. We all know how much you loved him, when you are up to it you must get another kitten though, the kitten deserves a fabulous life, you need a new master and Jake needs the company.
@Bollox -I totally concur. Lady Penelope and Jake both need a kitten.
Two cats get very much interdependent on each other. My 2 are both 11 and spend all their time together, grooming each other etc. I am looking into getting a kitten as they do not last forever and the kitten will be company for each other (and me). There is a nice no-kill shelter in my town and I am going to get on their kitten list.

Two cats get very much interdependent on each other. My 2 are both 11 and spend all their time together, grooming each other etc. I am looking into getting a kitten as they do not last forever and the kitten will be company for each other (and me). There is a nice no-kill shelter in my town and I am going to get on their kitten list.
You are right cats are still a social animal as are we. Losing one of a pair can be a great upset for the remaining cat especially
Definitely, cats are still a social animal even though they believe everything else is below them. I've noticed my cats behaviour after losing one they seem to search for their friend and are obviously distressed when they can't find him.
I think the main reason people are reluctant to get another cat is because they don't want to suffer the pain of eventually losing him. However 100% of them eventually get another cat then they express the opinion that they should of done it ages ago.

A three-cat system works well, especially if they are different ages. If/when one reaches endex, then the other two (and owner) have continuity of companionship. The surviving two also have the advantage of numbers and confidence when replacement kitten arrives, and hierarchy has to be re-established (or not).

Just got BWB a treat! Put antibiotic eye drops in his infected eye then spoilt him with his favourite lick-e-lik (laced with antibiotics for his gum infection.) He wolfed the second treatment and licked the spoon clean! :D

Second go at teeth extraction for BWB on Wednesday. Different vet, they are going to monitor him very carefully after last time. ;)
Best of luck for Wednesday, Boss. Hope things go well for the BWB.

My Jake ...

Asking for lots more cuddles and much more vocal since we lost Colin.
Him or you? I have been going through a stressful and emotional period lately, and Coco and Jasper have been getting more fuss and cuddles than before.

Remember you need to grieve too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20