Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Our cat came from Battersea Dogs & cats Home, even though very timed in the last 2 years she has explored more, but has no idea about cat nip and just turns her nose up at it, does provide entertainment in her ability to sleep anywhere and to her the garden is something that is annoying.

We think her last owner was bed ridden as she loves being on the bed, but runs away from people, just about understands sitting next to a person, but never of your lap, is there anything on the market better than cat nip?

After my recent site ban I found other things to do and decided to put ARRSE on the back burner for a while.
However, I have some sad news that I would like to share.
Our 'Guest Cat' (The Ginger Monster aka Sir Thomas Atkins KCB) died in my home last night.
He had recently stopped eating and his deterioration was rapid.
I hadn't seen him for a while which was unusual and if I had I would have got him up the vets.
He turned up last night and it was obvious that time was short, he chose to die in my home with me and I am honoured that he decided on this.
I considered taking him to the vet but it was clear that time was short and he died peacefully in one of his favourite spots.
I am gutted.

The Ginger Monster in happier days,

View attachment 388123

He was my friend and I will miss him like hell.
RIP.
A quick update;
Turns out that The Ginger Monster (RIP) was a Maine Coon which answers some questions about his lovely personality and batshit sense of humour plus his doglike qualities that I mentioned many posts back.
After a brief family conference it has been decided that a new Ginger Monster will be procured to bring back the lack of sunshine in our lives.
I just need to convince our 2 tortie girls now.
They are very expensive but I have deep pockets so it's just a matter of getting the right little lad.
When I find him he will be premiered on this terrific thread.
Until then, over and out and many thanks for all the kind words.

A quick update;
Turns out that The Ginger Monster (RIP) was a Maine Coon which answers some questions about his lovely personality and batshit sense of humour plus his doglike qualities that I mentioned many posts back.
After a brief family conference it has been decided that a new Ginger Monster will be procured to bring back the lack of sunshine in our lives.
I just need to convince our 2 tortie girls now.
They are very expensive but I have deep pockets so it's just a matter of getting the right little lad.
When I find him he will be premiered on this terrific thread.
Until then, over and out and many thanks for all the kind words.
I'm so glad you're going to be enslaved by another Ginger Monster. I hope you'll be dropping in from time to time until he/she is premiered

I'm so glad you're going to be enslaved by another Ginger Monster. I hope you'll be dropping in from time to time until he/she is premiered
Hello Shopgirl,
It has to be a 'he' I'm afraid for several reasons.

1 The original was a he.
2 Male Maine Coons are more daft than the female version amazingly enough, this is what we want.
3 We already have 2 girls and don't think it is a good idea to present another female into the house especially a baby one.
4 If done properly we hope that the girls will adopt the new baby and become his adopted mums.

A few 'ifs' and 'buts' but we have the bare bones of a plan.

I could end up paying about 1000 quid* for one but I know they are worth it so the search begins and we are 2nd choice to see a new baby Monster in Kings Norton tomorrow but I think the first choice people will snap him up, never mind it's a start.
It's been too dusty around here since Monday night and we need a good spring clean.

I am less inclined to post around here since my recent ban, not because I was in any way innocent (calling Baglock a prick in CA) but because posters like Baglock infest decent threads and are allowed to provoke other posters with impunity by that upright Scottish Mod who likes us to think he is a history expert.
Viri Bono was the same with his pet S0I.
I also found other things to do during my month long ban, and it was a proper ban not just ROPS.
No chance to apologise or edit but just cut off.
Just my opinion BTW...

I shall still be lurking as I would never want to miss a post on this terrific thread.
I don't know how long this will take but you will all be the first to know.

X
LPJ

* "Ow much"? said Madame LPJ in her best Brummie Julie Walters/Beryl Reid accent which she uses when shocked.

Hello Shopgirl,

1 The original was a he.
2 Male Maine Coons are more daft than the female version amazingly enough, this is what we want.
3 We already have 2 girls and don't think it is a good idea to present another female into the house especially a baby one.
4 If done properly we hope that the girls will adopt the new baby and become his adopted mums.

I could end up paying about 1000 quid* for one but I know they are worth it so the search begins and we are 2nd choice to see a new baby Monster in Kings Norton tomorrow but I think the first choice people will snap him up, never mind it's a start.
It's been too dusty around here since Monday night and we need a good spring clean.

I am less inclined to post around here since my recent ban, not because I was in any way innocent (calling Baglock a prick in CA) but because posters like Baglock infest decent threads and are allowed to provoke other posters with impunity by that upright Scottish Mod who likes us to think he is a history expert.
I also found other things to do during my month long ban, and it was a proper ban not just ROPS.
Just my opinion BTW...

I shall still be lurking as I would never want to miss a post on this terrific thread.

X
LPJ

* "Ow much"? said Madame LPJ in her best Brummie Julie Walters/Beryl Reid accent which she uses when shocked.
My mother always introduced new kittens/cats rear end first, that way the kitten's in no danger if one of his new feline slaves takes a swipe at him.

From what I've seen of Baglock I think you were pretty restrained, more cause for praise than a ban.

Last edited:
LancePrivateJones said:
LPJ, I don't think there are many (if at all) wind up merchants in this thread - we concentrate on our masters/mistresses and the stories attached to them.

There's not much to argue about when the spotlight is on our feline companions and their mischievous ways, so please keep us updated on your new Monster and his potential Mummies.

Our cat came from Battersea Dogs & cats Home, even though very timed in the last 2 years she has explored more, but has no idea about cat nip and just turns her nose up at it, does provide entertainment in her ability to sleep anywhere and to her the garden is something that is annoying.

We think her last owner was bed ridden as she loves being on the bed, but runs away from people, just about understands sitting next to a person, but never of your lap, is there anything on the market better than cat nip?
Dreamies usually work well

Dreamies usually work well
... And if you've got a local Poundland nearby, they've usually got them in stock for, well, a pound. (Note that that is not a given price now in Poundland - they sell stuff for up to a fiver now, the greedy beggars.)

Hello Shopgirl,

1 The original was a he.

Just my opinion BTW...

X
LPJ

Put the filthy creature on ignore........

It only screws up threads by people bothering to reply to it's bollocks..... if you don't notice it's posts, it loses all it's power to troll.

I posted this in the Kennel club forum but I reckon it should go in here too:
Lunar the Chihuahua v Arwen the Siamese
Place your bets now.
IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

I posted this in the Kennel club forum but I reckon it should go in here too:
Lunar the Chihuahua v Arwen the Siamese
Place your bets now.
View attachment 388548
Looks like she is going for the rear naked choke, she's got one under the chin - they think it's all over!

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Mum's in ICU after suffering a heart attack this morning (luckily whilst in hospital for tests), so I went round to feed her two mogg's this evening when I got back.
Luke, who only has one eye was being both exceedingly attentive & at the same time distracted, as he was plainly listening out for sounds of her presence & not hearing them, which made things very dusty indeed.
Her other surviving cat, Felix, was just plain upset.
Poor wee souls.
They know when there is something wrong. Best regards to your mum and get well soon.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Max (b&w) and Poppy (torty and white); my overlords since 2009...

image.jpeg

Max plotting my downfall.

image.jpeg

Before falling asleep on the Frau's arm.

image.jpeg

Well, yes...

The look of realisation dawning on next doors cat as it invades my living room when she discovers that BWB is in residence. He saw her and launched at her absolutely ribboning her. :D
IMG_20190418_224233.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20