Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Movement is a definite trigger.
Scent is important, and cats are renowned for their sight.

But that cat looked at it a couple of times, and I think it's brain refused to recognise it as mouse because it was in an unnatural mouse location.

And if the mouse knew that ........
Cats have trouble seeing objects close up. In the pre pounce stage they tend to use ears, nose and whiskers to locate prey. It's only when a close up object moves do they become easily visible to the cat. That cat is definitely smelling the mouse but is unable to see it.
That mouse must have the biggest pair of rodent gonads going to stay frozen whilst being so close to the cat
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...Vaw2DEXHvi5QoWRq1CbN3VWOg&cshid=1543881732472

Cats have trouble seeing objects close up. In the pre pounce stage they tend to use ears, nose and whiskers to locate prey. It's only when a close up object moves do they become easily visible to the cat. That cat is definitely smelling the mouse but is unable to see it.
That mouse must have the biggest pair of rodent gonads going to stay frozen whilst being so close to the cat
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...Vaw2DEXHvi5QoWRq1CbN3VWOg&cshid=1543881732472
Thanks!
That link is interesting

Little does the local wildlife realise there’s a new serial killer in town, studying them without pity and lining up victims for when she’s allowed out...

2DD4C661-9D8E-4E9A-8032-CDACEC6CB5D2.jpeg

47301064_751040238567471_3250758556185526272_o.jpg

Last edited:
cat vandals.PNG

Dog v cat.jpg

Trixie hates being picked up, she won’t bite you, she just uses that screechy voice and wriggles away.
Neither of mine object to being to being picked up for a minimum of 2 pats or scratches behind the ears but no more than 4 pats or scratches, then they start to wiggle and pour from my hands to the floor in the feline way they do.

When I pick Lily up, she immediately adopts the most comfortable position she can & settles in on a semi permanent basis.
Oscar tolerates it for a minute or two, then he starts wriggling.

I really am trying to limit posting the number of these videos I find on Facebook, but as many profess they do not subscribe to that abomination, I will include one more . . .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20