Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Little bugger!

After 8 bloody hours of seaching the house CSi style with torches.... what pops it’s nose out from under the table we’re it normally sleeps and laughs it’s furry head off?

Bloody good evasion drills, get through the search screen and hide in plain sight in the first place looked

Willow's a bloody silly name.........

Rechristen her Maddy........ glad she's still around.

In reality the mouse is a wheel/tyre thief and the cat is a Keystone cop type security guard.
Apart from being funny, I found this fascinating.
The cat actually looked at the mouse 2 or 3 times. But didn't see it !
Does this mean that cats, like humans, can see what they expect to see and ignore the rest ?
And even spookier, have mice evolved enough to understand that looking like part of a wheel hub means you can live another day ?

Does this mean that cats, like humans, can see what they expect to see and ignore the rest ?
And even spookier, have mice evolved enough to understand that looking like part of a wheel hub means you can live another day ?
Mousy probably understands the basics of camouflage and concealment, plus the fact that movement is a big give away.

Little bugger!

After 8 bloody hours of seaching the house CSi style with torches.... what pops it’s nose out from under the table we’re it normally sleeps and laughs it’s furry head off?

Bloody good evasion drills, get through the search screen and hide in plain sight in the first place looked
Kashmir went out of the window 12 hours after arriving.......came back that evening for her dinner :)

I was worried (and felt guilty - but it was too hot to close the windows - they'd said to keep her in even after that - I wouldn't as it would have been cruel) ) and the adoption place put posters on all the trees up the road -she likes her freedom but is fond of her food so I don't think she'll leave home

Mousy probably understands the basics of camouflage and concealment, plus the fact that movement is a big give away.
Movement is a definite trigger.
Scent is important, and cats are renowned for their sight.

But that cat looked at it a couple of times, and I think it's brain refused to recognise it as mouse because it was in an unnatural mouse location.

And if the mouse knew that ........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Kashmir went out of the window 12 hours after arriving.......came back that evening for her dinner :)

I was worried (and felt guilty - but it was too hot to close the windows - they'd said to keep her in even after that - I wouldn't as it would have been cruel) ) and the adoption place put posters on all the trees up the road -she likes her freedom but is fond of her food so I don't think she'll leave home
One of our's, 'Arry, has a wander lust, he whines/screeches to go out as soon as someone is up, comes back around half 9 for breakfast and then goes out until 4, saunters up to the patio door just in time fore dinner then goes out again until it's dark or he's had enough. The rest of the gang are just happy to wander around the garden and pop in and out when they feel like it.

Jarvis did something similar. He was bringing me a present, because obviously I can’t provide my own food, but when he miaowed at me to open the window, the mouse fell out of his mouth and tried to escape. He then sat perfectly still (probably in fear), while Jarvis tried to see him from a few inches away. After a while Jarvis got bored and came in, so the mouse made away on his toes.

I believe cats can’t see things close up too well. ISTR seeing this in one of the many cat documentaries we’ve all watched.

One of our's, 'Arry, has a wander lust, he whines/screeches to go out as soon as someone is up, comes back around half 9 for breakfast and then goes out until 4, saunters up to the patio door just in time fore dinner then goes out again until it's dark or he's had enough. The rest of the gang are just happy to wander around the garden and pop in and out when they feel like it.
Half 9 for breakfast!!! How the hell do you get away with that?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Half 9 for breakfast!!! How the hell do you get away with that?
Simple, we don't get up until 9 :mrgreen: Plus we've had them long enough for them to realise when feeding time is.

Willow's a bloody silly name.........
Uncommon name. Makes me think of the character Willow, played by Britt Eklund, in the original "Wicker Man" film. (not the horrid remake)

Chilling with the humans

Hard to believe a few weeks ago, she was living in a house with 22 other cats avd had no normal life or interaction with humans.

1543872521960.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20