Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Went into town tonight for a date. Spotted the resident cat heading towards the station as I got out of the car. Half-way through buying my ticket I hear 'MEEEEP' ...pause... 'MEEEEEEEEEP!". Crouch down and tickle indignant cat, then finish buying ticket. Cat heads off to its post by station entrance.

Later that night, after a fu flipping disastrous evening, I'm walking back to the car, when I spot an odd dark blob underneath it. Crouch down to look, and on a hunch say 'Hello?'. Cat walks out, erects tail and, after a head-bunt of my proffered fist, does a few circuits of me. At this point cat notices that I have an interesting smelling carrier bag (transport, kebab, for the use of). Hints are dropped. I tear off a few bits of lamb doner untouched by anything feline-unfriendly (onions, garlic, etc.) and the gift is accepted. Cat retreats. I drive off, feeling happier.

Went into town tonight for a date. Spotted the resident cat heading towards the station as I got out of the car. Half-way through buying my ticket I hear 'MEEEEP' ...pause... 'MEEEEEEEEEP!". Crouch down and tickle indignant cat, then finish buying ticket. Cat heads off to its post by station entrance.

Later that night, after a fu flipping disastrous evening, I'm walking back to the car, when I spot an odd dark blob underneath it. Crouch down to look, and on a hunch say 'Hello?'. Cat walks out, erects tail and, after a head-bunt of my proffered fist, does a few circuits of me. At this point cat notices that I have an interesting smelling carrier bag (transport, kebab, for the use of). Hints are dropped. I tear off a few bits of lamb doner untouched by anything feline-unfriendly (onions, garlic, etc.) and the gift is accepted. Cat retreats. I drive off, feeling happier.
Are you a septic or just an idiot?

Jarvis has finally moved from his favoured sleeping spot on my doss bag, and found a new spot on my laundry! Still at least he’s out the way while I get ready to go out. Now....where did I leave my freshly laundered and pressed trousers?

Oh!

Been gone exactly 2 weeks now. Last seen on the CCTV just strolling into a nearby field never to be seen again :(

IMG_20180930_220930a (Medium).jpg

He spent his first 9 years in a run & apparently quite contently then started escaping & becoming more demanding & vocal. Four months ago we adopted him up here in Wales where he was free to come & go. Once he had explored the surrounding fields he chose to sit on the rocking chair or a radiator most of the time. So why he went I don't know.

He spent his first 9 years in a run & apparently quite contently then started escaping & becoming more demanding & vocal. Four months ago we adopted him up here in Wales where he was free to come & go. Once he had explored the surrounding fields he chose to sit on the rocking chair or a radiator most of the time. So why he went I don't know.
Hope you get him back safe.

I hope he's home safe soon

Fingers crossed, he comes back soon.

Any suggestions?
I had Dillinger neutered a few months ago but his play fights with Lenin have escalated into some sort of sexual assault. He pushes Lenin down mounts him and bites the back of his neck (as they do with a female).
This results in Lenin fighting back for real, ears flat on back of head and swipes at his head with the claws fully extended.
Could this be something he will grow out of or has anyone dealt with a similar problem?

Over the last two weeks I have seen a neighbor's cat, Missy, walking through my yard with a chipmunk(apparently deceased) in her mouth, bringing it home. Always coming from behind my garage so I suspect there is a chipmunk burrow there.
I don't think there are chipmunks in the UK or Europe. They are a small striped member of the squirrel family. (piccie below)
I know my neighbor has a cat flap. I wonder if he find presents under the couch.

View attachment 357807

They have populations of them in France and Germany now thanks to escaped pets.

Any suggestions?
I had Dillinger neutered a few months ago but his play fights with Lenin have escalated into some sort of sexual assault. He pushes Lenin down mounts him and bites the back of his neck (as they do with a female).
This results in Lenin fighting back for real, ears flat on back of head and swipes at his head with the claws fully extended.
Could this be something he will grow out of or has anyone dealt with a similar problem?
Both Jake and Colin are neutered - now 13 years old. They still mount each other although a lot more sedately now ..... Boys will be boys!!!!! Dillinger is in his prime and still experimenting - maybe just keep an eye on his aggressiveness towards Lenin. Jake was heavy pawed towards Colin when he was younger

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20