• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Nothing new since March, linked to the cases in Croydon Bastards been at it since 2014 :mad:
It's been solved...apparently>> 'Croydon cat killer' mystery solved

I'm not one to cast aspersions upon London's finest but in this day and age of 'hobbling' the police by HM Government I'm not totally convinced to be honest.

Not having to investigate will save quite a bit of money won't it? hmmm...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

I'm not one to cast aspersions upon London's finest but in this day and age of 'hobbling' the police by HM Government I'm not totally convinced to be honest.

Apparently, it frees up 15 coppers, SNARL (South Norwood Animal Rescue [and] Liberty) aren't exactly happy as they've done most of the PMs on the cats and have found human involvement in most cases, they aren't denying that foxes and cars could be the cause of some of these cases, just that in most, the mutilations were caused by non animal/vehicular activity. I mean, which car conveniently bags up your headless cat and leaves it on your doorstep?

Foxes will take carrion but l am not convinced that all the cat mutilations (and certainly not the deaths) are due to foxes as they like to take everything - and what they can’t eat they will bury for a maggotty treat at a later date. Let’s hope that the already highly persecuted fox does not get the blame for killing these cats, merely scavenging them......remains of New Forest ponies are often found in fox earths in the New Forest, but nobody would suspect a fox of actually bringing down a pony (although fox haters probably would like to accuse foxes of everything from the Brexit mess to world poverty).

I'm married. My emotions, intensions, beliefs, are contientiously been preyed upon!

Can you not allow me to enjoy my "safe space", that is the inter-web? :( .

It is all a game you know - merely bytes(?) zooming across the ether :) .

It may be false, but as "fake news" goes, it ain't that bad ;) .

I'm not cynical by nature, I just happened to know that video was bollocks. Like you, and most on this Thread, I'm an animal lover and get great happiness but also often sadness from them and it really pisses me off when cock juggling thundercunts do things like that. Sorry to have spoiled it, I would have loved it to be true.

Commander Amanda Pearson said each individual report had to be investigated, which led to an "increased workload" for officers working on the case.

Sad innit.....

What are Police by the way, are they just something seen on the TV now and again or did they actually exist once upon a time.

Commander Amanda Pearson said each individual report had to be investigated, which led to an "increased workload" for officers working on the case.

Sad innit.....

What are Police by the way, are they just something seen on the TV now and again or did they actually exist once upon a time.
I don't want to say bad stuff about the police, after all they have been deliberately decimated by a previous Tory government and the future doesn't look too bright for them or us mere proles what with the 'plummeting' crime rate and all that.
But what do the police actually do these days?
They aren't interested in burglary.
Traffic offences? I have seen one traffic officer (white hat) in Birmingham during the last 11 years, no duff and that was about two weeks ago.
The cynical side of me says to get caught for any driving offence in Birmingham you would need to first find an open police station and drive up and down in front of it like a maniac dangling a bottle of booze out of the window and you just might get a tug, maybe...
Personally I reckon the Met statement is bullshit, they just don't want to investigate it any more much in the same way as burglary.
Just like burglary it isn't important to them these days.

I don't want to say bad stuff about the police, after all they have been deliberately decimated by a previous Tory government and the future doesn't look too bright for them or us mere proles what with the 'plummeting' crime rate and all that.
Traffic offences? I have seen one traffic officer (white hat) in Birmingham during the last 11 years, no duff and that was about two weeks ago.
The cynical side of me says to get caught for any driving offence in Birmingham you would need to first find an open police station and drive up and down in front of it like a maniac dangling a bottle of booze out of the window and you just might get a tug, maybe...
Personally I reckon the Met statement is bullshit, they just don't want to investigate it any more much in the same way as burglary.
I don't either, but I never saw anything of them before they were reduced, oh hang on, I do see a Police car at McDonald's some lunch times.

And just one more thing.
I would have preferred it if Commander Amanda Pearson had just said something like 'I'm sorry but we just don't have the resources to continue this investigation. We have hardly any money and the government wants more cutbacks so that's it from us, sorry'.
But that would be the kiss of death, no promotion to DAC or even a chance at the head girls job.
Still, on the positive side they are going to actively recruit graduates into PC posts so everything is going to be alright.
Probably...

Maybe it's a ploy to make the twisted scumbag put on a big show, with a better chance of nabbing him........ I just think it's too localised to blame foxes for the initial kill.

I don't either, but I never saw anything of them before they were reduced, oh hang on, I do see a Police car at McDonald's some lunch times.
I don't resent them having to take a break Monty, after all our caring governments got rid of police canteens but strangely have kept their own subsidised and up market canteens (nb plural) in the Palace of Westminster.
What the previous (and present) governments have done to the entire justice system is a crime against us all including the police.
Anyway, enough of this and back to topic.
Keep your cats in at night, mine are never allowed to spend the night out and seem OK with it the spoiled gets.

Yes, crimes traditionally do lead to an increased workload for policemen..

The supermarket near one of our offices has a moggy on stag. Sits just outside the main doors, loving the attention, but pretending not to notice.

And before anyone pipes up with 'Pics, or...', I finally remembered to take a photo today. :razz:

s-cat2.jpg

Maybe you are right re can't be bothered to investigate. After much complaining to the Police about the neighbours growing cannabis plants in their garden and them visiting to confirm that is what they look like for sure but no actual action, I called yesterday to say not to bother as the grower had dug them up and took them away. This was news to them but they certainly sounded pleased, one less thing for them to have to bother with I guess.

I wonder what happens to such reports? Is it that since no laboratory proof exists and the evidence has gone then does this mean that no crime can be recorded and so the figures can be massaged down?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20