Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Just opened the back door to find Oscar sat on the door step! Drenched to the skin and all skin and bone! Obviously hasn't been getting fed like the lying bastard said! He's currently choking two pouches of food down on the floor of my animal shed while I head off to work. Just glad he's safe, I'll get him reunited with Lily as soon as possible. ;)
That is great news. The original owner of the poor moggies sounds like she should not be able to own pets without strict supervision from an official-type grown up, if not some time in chokey.

You wouldn't think she works for social services!
Strange, seeing as the cats are different colours, young, no idea of who their parents are . . . .

Just opened the back door to find Oscar sat on the door step! Drenched to the skin and all skin and bone! Obviously hasn't been getting fed like the lying bastard said! He's currently choking two pouches of food down on the floor of my animal shed while I head off to work. Just glad he's safe, I'll get him reunited with Lily as soon as possible. ;)
Excellent news.

She's now acceded to my entreaties to come out from cover, though plainly has no understanding of what "staystillaminuteyoudaftbugger" means...
View attachment 346127 View attachment 346128
Her poor ears....
Oh dear! I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings or duff gen, but those ears look horribly like those of our own (very similar marked) feline jihadist. The tips were always flaky since she was a kitten and we were told it was solar psoriasis. Suncream was useless as she would immediately lick it off. Anyhoo, last year both ears starting bleeding profusely several times a week, leaving copious sprays of blood droplets up the walls and on the furniture. A biopsy confirmed the worst and she ended up having most of one ear and the tip of the other amputated. Apart from looking a bit like Voldemort now she is happy, suffering no ill-effects and has been signed off by the vet as melanoma-free and looking forward to her tenth year with us.

I'll try and put up a piccie, but I'm not very good at technology stuff.

OZ

Oh dear! I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings or duff gen, but those ears look horribly like those of our own (very similar marked) feline jihadist. The tips were always flaky since she was a kitten and we were told it was solar psoriasis. Suncream was useless as she would immediately lick it off. Anyhoo, last year both ears starting bleeding profusely several times a week, leaving copious sprays of blood droplets up the walls and on the furniture. A biopsy confirmed the worst and she ended up having most of one ear and the tip of the other amputated. Apart from looking a bit like Voldemort now she is happy, suffering no ill-effects and has been signed off by the vet as melanoma-free and looking forward to her tenth year with us.

OZ
A common thing with white, and part-white, cats, but mostly pure whites. My Sophie (PBUH) had the same condition, basically skin cancer on the tips of her ears, much of which had to be amputated. In this case she'd been owned by someone in the Belfast area who left her outdoors when they went to work, so she ended up getting repeatedly sunburnt (yes, in Belfast, go figure!!) as there was no shelter to be had.

Sophie.jpg

When she stretched out her neck to reach for a proffered treat she looks like a ferret :)

well Biffa is progressing.............I'm packing for a camping trip coincidentally! Maybe he wants to come with me.He still hisses if I put out a hand to stroke him but being in the living room while I'm here and not dashing back under the bed is a step forward

Attachments

OZ
It's not new damage (sunburned) but she'll be getting a full MOT at the vet's next week & her lugs will get a good looking at then.

well Biffa is progressing.............I'm packing for a camping trip coincidentally! Maybe he wants to come with me.He still hisses if I put out a hand to stroke him but being in the living room while I'm here and not dashing back under the bed is a step forward
He's looking quite relaxed there, good to hear (and see) that he's progressing.

Is that the camping trip, down south, that you were organising for the ARRSE group? @wheel @HappyNomad

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20