Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

The longer that they live with you the more things you have to remove hair from after they go.
Jaydude owed me a tenners worth of dreamies.

major breakthrough - Biffa came out from under the bed to have breakfast with Kashmir :)

Attachments

major breakthrough - Biffa came out from under the bed to have breakfast with Kashmir :)
Good news. But now it's back to being a slave to two.

I have received 2 oriental/Bengal cross black female kittens who are both polydactyls (they gave extra toes). I have had a polydactyl cat before, he was called Hemingway - Ernest Hemingway had several polydactyl cats. They look like they are wearing little oven gloves or mittens. Very cute.
09EC21F1-8867-42E8-8CD5-1EB7B4D9AE5C.jpeg
427FAC72-F816-44AE-A5F4-7912E1307193.jpeg

I have received 2 oriental/Bengal cross black female kittens who are both polydactyls (they gave extra toes). I have had a polydactyl cat before, he was called Hemingway - Ernest Hemingway had several polydactyl cats. They look like they are wearing little oven gloves or mittens. Very cute. View attachment 343239 View attachment 343240
I did see a polytactyl Maine Coon when I was looking for Ragnar but the breeder refused to sell him when she learnt that he would be allowed outside.
Does this condition have any effect on the cats hunting ability or general day to day living (climbing, balance etc.)?
They are both lovely looking girls and you must post a photo when their markings come through. I do miss Pongos photos of his two who were beautiful cats.

I did see a polytactyl Maine Coon when I was looking for Ragnar but the breeder refused to sell him when she learnt that he would be allowed outside.
Does this condition have any effect on the cats hunting ability or general day to day living (climbing, balance etc.)?
They are both lovely looking girls and you must post a photo when their markings come through. I do miss Pongos photos of his two who were beautiful cats.
Apparently, Maine Coons are more likely to produce polydactyl kittens. The vet did not warn me about any extra precautions and I have never noticed the condition affect them, l imagine that it is similar to a dog having dew claws - there is a chance that they could catch them on something. One kitten is slightly chocolatey in colour and the other is jet black but with definite spots on her coat....it’s so hard to photograph black animals as they just look like blobs!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4