Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Jaydude passed away peacefully this afternoon after 19 years of chasing after wildlife.
God speed you steely eyed dealer of claws.

RIP.
Sorry for your loss, I'm sure he had an exceptional life being served by you.

I don't know any of you, but your words are so cathartic, thank you.
IMG_0422.JPG

Happier, deadlier times.

Cheers guys, you've made today a bit easier. He was the last of his line. Mother and two siblings, and now his nibs. The gaff is empty.

Bern

Jaydude passed away peacefully this afternoon after 19 years of chasing after wildlife.

RIP.
Sorry for your loss, 19 is a good age for a cat, was he your only master? if he was then there's another cat out there that deserves a wonderful life when you're ready.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

RIP.
Sorry to hear that WB, a big hole in your life now. My own cat was also 19 when she went with cancer and various other ailments and the best thing was for the vet to do the business. She asked if I wanted to stay but I chickened out, just couldn't do it. Unlike Jaydude my cat would not leave the house at all. If we took her out as soon as she was put down she would race back indoors. If we cheated and closed the doors she went and hid under a bush and trembled. We gave in and let her just hang around the house for 19 years. Because she was walking on carpets, her claws were needle sharp and needed trimming often. As I said, a big hole when she went.

RIP.
19 years old and looked after by someone who loved him. What a good life he must have had.
Remember, you made that happen. You should feel proud of yourself- there were some terrible times waiting for Jaydude if you hadn't been there for him.

12 isn't that old for a cat. One of ours, now deceased, lived to 20yo and only developed symptoms in the last month. Sounds as if his tough life is catching up with him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think quite a lot die at 10- 12 years old, this is probably the equivalent of 50- 60 in humans, how many friends and family die in that period ?

We had a run of deaths at that age, now thank God, we've been lucky, all our herd of 7 are 12- 14, and looking very healthy......... heartbreaking to lose a good friend, the only way to get over it is to get a new one.

Cheers chaps. Heartening to hear of your experiences. TBH this was a vet at home job. I couldn't stand by and watch him suffer like his mum (she passed before the vet arrived), but the missus and I have a nagging doubt that we were a bit early. I think we have done the right thing by him.
IMG_0647.jpg

Phucker will have catty heaven squared away sharp order.

Thanks, I'll say again you have made it easier.

Bern

Nice for him to pass away at home.

I've got a special place in our garden for our cats......... I've always brought their bodies home, it's heart- breaking how the other cats take turns to pay their respects, before the burial.

Anyone who says cats don't have a soul is a twat

RIP.
The longer that they live with you the more you miss them after they go. RIP old fellow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4