Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

I have just read another thread on this forum about the impending water shortage. I must state that my cup is still covering the flush button on my toilet so it's not Dillingers fault.
Message ends.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Earlier this year adopted a rescue, he's about 12 we think, no ears or tail possibly abuse may have had a fractured pelvis in the past which is probably giving him arthritis, skin tumours and rotten teeth removed and his thyroid was over active so he had a partial thyroidectomy done. Some four weeks following surgery stopped eating off to vets, two days in on IV fluids and inflames and anti-biopics. Out about four weeks same thing again, back in hospital, IV again plus an abdominal ultrasounds and a scope into his oesphagous. Found he had oespahagitis and his ultra sound showed he had an inflamed pancreas and gall bladder. Diagnosed with 'triad of symptoms' of unknown cause. Sent home on Zantac tablets Buprenorphine (opioids) and Metazipine (anti depressant and appetite stimulant). Appears to be nearly back to normal. Has anybody else come across this as the vets say it's becoming more common as cats like us are getting older.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Earlier this year adopted a rescue, he's about 12 we think, no ears or tail possibly abuse may have had a fractured pelvis in the past which is probably giving him arthritis, skin tumours and rotten teeth removed and his thyroid was over active so he had a partial thyroidectomy done. Some four weeks following surgery stopped eating off to vets, two days in on IV fluids and inflames and anti-biopics. Out about four weeks same thing again, back in hospital, IV again plus an abdominal ultrasounds and a scope into his oesphagous. Found he had oespahagitis and his ultra sound showed he had an inflamed pancreas and gall bladder. Diagnosed with 'triad of symptoms' of unknown cause. Sent home on Zantac tablets Buprenorphine (opioids) and Metazipine (anti depressant and appetite stimulant). Appears to be nearly back to normal. Has anybody else come across this as the vets say it's becoming more common as cats like us are getting older.
12 isn't that old for a cat. One of ours, now deceased, lived to 20yo and only developed symptoms in the last month. Sounds as if his tough life is catching up with him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Anyone who does that to a cat should be stuffed into a bin liner and chucked in a river. I'm surprised the cat had the guts to survive that catalogue of abuse.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jaydude passed away peacefully this afternoon after 19 years of chasing after wildlife.
God speed you steely eyed dealer of claws.

RIP.
Condolences mate.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4