Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Brotherly love - just good mates
IMG_20180710_151003 (Medium).jpg

Dillinger was bouncing about like a mad thing when I got in from work this morning. I found out why when I entered my bedroom and found he had caught and brought home his first bird. The feathers were all over the quilt, carpet and stuck to the walls and took ages to clear up especially the soft downey ones. After I finished I thought he wanted a belly rub but as he rolled over I saw his tummy was covered in feathers as well and he just wanted to be cleaned up. As is normal with house cats he made no attempt whatsoever to eat the poor bird, just make as big a mess as is possible because daddy loves clearing up after me.

Dillinger was bouncing about like a mad thing when I got in from work this morning. I found out why when I entered my bedroom and found he had caught and brought home his first bird. The feathers were all over the quilt, carpet and stuck to the walls and took ages to clear up especially the soft downey ones. After I finished I thought he wanted a belly rub but as he rolled over I saw his tummy was covered in feathers as well and he just wanted to be cleaned up. As is normal with house cats he made no attempt whatsoever to eat the poor bird, just make as big a mess as is possible because daddy loves clearing up after me.

Lightweight........ ours sometimes eat the head only, other times a neat pile of intestines.

What amazes me is a sparrow has enough feathers to fill a bin- liner.

Still chuckling at 'Nice Kitty'
An addendum: Last night the cat repeated stepping on the home key, miaowed at the lit screen and Siri responded "Here Kitty" .
Siri apparently understands Feline but cannot understand Irish. I checked. Maybe Irish iPhones have Sadhbh instead of Siri.

Sorry to be serious for a moment, but I would suggest the canary has - probably - gone blind :( .

Happened to my hen bird "Primrose" at an advanced age, and after she had produced four chicks (2x2). Their eggs are no bigger than a peanut! With her husband "Colin", I removed them from the "aviary" (actually a mesh fronted single woredrobe, laid on its side), that contained up to 12 finches of varying description, and a couple of diamond doves.

I put the ageing couple back in the (domestic) wire birdcage, in which they began their stay with me. Although sensible enough to NOT jump from perch to perch, she was able to climb around the cage to where to food and water was. She was a lovely little thing.

Last edited:
The new boy checking out some of the residents.

IMG_20180703_122714a.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Two of ours sleeping, look at the state of them!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

IMG_20180712_073605.jpg
As of midnight Furby is legally an adult. She doesn't much like cake, so the birthday tea is chicken breast and tuna. I'm giving the candles a miss as I think 18 might be too many for her to blow out in one go.

Here's a list of al the things she's now able to do. I'm expecting demands for cocktails and letters from her solicitor any time her breakfast is late. I will not be giving her a lift to the pawn shop or the tattooist anytime soon and it's lucky she can't afford a lorry :)

When you are 18 you are allowed to:
  • Vote
  • Sue or be sued
  • Open a bank account in your own name
  • Perform professionally abroad
  • Serve on a jury
  • Get a tattoo
  • Buy cigarettes and tobacco
  • Buy and drink alcohol in a bar
  • See an 18 certificate film at the cinema
  • Buy fireworks
  • Pawn items in a pawn shop
  • Leave home
  • Marry or register a civil partnership
  • Make a Will
  • Stand for election as a member of parliament
  • Carry an organ donor card
  • You cannot be made a ward of the court
  • Own land, buy a house or flat & apply for a mortgage
  • If you are adopted, you can apply to see a copy of your original birth certificate
  • Ride a motorbike above 125cc with a licence
  • Drive lorries between 3500kg and 7500kg with a trailer up to 750kg (with the appropriate licence)

Last edited:
View attachment 341942 As of midnight Furby is legally an adult. She doesn't much like cake, so the birthday tea is chicken breast and tuna. I'm giving the candles a miss as I think 18 might be too many for her to blow out in one go.

Here's a list of al the things she's now able to do. I'm expecting demands for cocktails and letters from her solicitor any time her breakfast is late. I will not be giving her a lift to the pawn shop or the tattooist anytime soon and it's lucky she can't afford a lorry :)

• Vote
  • Sue or be sued
  • Serve on a jury
  • Get a tattoo
  • Buy fireworks
  • Leave home
  • Make a Will
  • If you are adopted, you can apply to see a copy of your original birth certificate
  • Drive lorries between 3500kg and 7500kg with a trailer up to 750kg (with the appropriate licence)

Tattoo and a motorbike. Definitely.

View attachment 341942 As of midnight Furby is legally an adult. She doesn't much like cake, so the birthday tea is chicken breast and tuna. I'm giving the candles a miss as I think 18 might be too many for her to blow out in one go.

• Vote
  • Sue or be sued
  • Serve on a jury
  • Get a tattoo
  • Buy fireworks
  • Leave home
  • Make a Will
Happy birthday, Furby. Dusty's 18th was in June, she celebrated by sleeping. A lot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20