Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Last night felt like a failure as domestic servant to cats (or Cat Dad)
Yesterday morning I got trousers from the closet, closed the door, got dressed and headed to church. I did not return to the bedroom until bedtime. As usual on cat hopped on the bed but other one was not seen. As usual I read a bit before getting in bed. I kept hearing a miaow from somewhere and looked around. Then the other cat started investigating the closet door. Oops! A cat had been locked into the closet from 10AM until 11PM. When released he did head sharply for the litter box in the bathroom but no signs of accidents in the closet.
I am happy the cat can't say "Siri, call the MSPCA"

PS - I have discovered the cat interacting with Siri on my iPhone. A few nights ago he stepped on the home button on the phone while miaowing. Siri responded "Nice Kitty"

*calls the MSPCA

Last night felt like a failure as domestic servant to cats (or Cat Dad)
Yesterday morning I got trousers from the closet, closed the door, got dressed and headed to church. I did not return to the bedroom until bedtime. As usual on cat hopped on the bed but other one was not seen. As usual I read a bit before getting in bed. I kept hearing a miaow from somewhere and looked around. Then the other cat started investigating the closet door. Oops! A cat had been locked into the closet from 10AM until 11PM. When released he did head sharply for the litter box in the bathroom but no signs of accidents in the closet.
I am happy the cat can't say "Siri, call the MSPCA"

PS - I have discovered the cat interacting with Siri on my iPhone. A few nights ago he stepped on the home button on the phone while miaowing. Siri responded "Nice Kitty"
Still chuckling at 'Nice Kitty'

well.............last night Kashmir came into the bedroom, lay on the floor and went to sleep! Sadly of course she woke about 3.30 wanting to play and go out. I let her out so I could get some sleep, and this morning went out to call her for breakfast, she came meowing loudly and ate well but as I looked back at the door Biffa stuck his head out - he who has hidden under the bed for the past week. He retreated quickly, Kashmir had a second helping, and all seems well at present.
Question is if I should get her to use the cat flap, thus risking Biffa going out too (CHAT told me to keep him in for 3 months) or let her out in the early morning, get her in at night and hope for the best.

Question is if I should get her to use the cat flap, thus risking Biffa going out too (CHAT told me to keep him in for 3 months) or let her out in the early morning, get her in at night and hope for the best.
Is it possible to modify the cat flap so it can only be used by Kashmir coming in? After all, you could always let Kashmir out yourself.

Is it possible to modify the cat flap so it can only be used by Kashmir coming in? After all, you could always let Kashmir out yourself.

You can get coded cat-flap "keys". The problem in this case that it'd confuse the house-bound cat - who'd be barred from exiting - and make it difficult for him to understand and use the cat flap later on.

Remember this day, the first act of the alliance between the Feline and Robotic Overlords.
It's only a matter of time before the robots are saying, "IN OR OUT, MAKE YOUR ******* MIND UP!!!"

You can get coded cat-flap "keys". The problem in this case that it'd confuse the house-bound cat - who'd be barred from exiting - and make it difficult for him to understand and use the cat flap later on.
A key is no good because cats don't have opposable thumbs - yet. :)

Remember this day, the first act of the alliance between the Feline and Robotic Overlords.
I'd only start worrying when the feline furry furies develop opposable thumbs... :grin:

I've always fancied that this one's internal monologue is giving it a dose of "When I get out of here someone is going to be seriously effed up:-"

Whereas this one is having an, "Oh, 'eck - why did I listen to the sulphur-scented chap in the purple cape?" moment:-

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20