Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

I don't think Jake and Colin would ever forgive me......,
I don't think he really minds that much. He was very affectionate and cuddly when we got home. Most cats need sedation for a lion clip. Wombat tolerates it with no drugs on board which is probably better for him and saves me US$55 which the vet would charge for sedation.

This morning I got a call from my cousin Elise, who lives in my town, telling me she had a new kitten. She already had two coons, one black and one tabby/torty . She retired this month and with time on her hands stopped by the no-kill animal shelter in town. She now has a 10 week old baby male. She told me to stop down and meet the newcomer. The baby is very cute and seems to like me. Her two older cats are not to sure about this and would occasionally walk by and hiss. The baby is not intimidated and hisses back at the big guys. I think in two more days they will be grooming each other.
Elise seemed a bit worried that she had become a crazy cat lady but I assured her that as long as she has less than 8 cats she is OK.

IMG_1812.JPG

This morning I got a call from my cousin Elise, who lives in my town, telling me she had a new kitten. She already had two coons, one black and one tabby/torty . She retired this month and with time on her hands stopped by the no-kill animal shelter in town. She now has a 10 week old baby male. She told me to stop down and meet the newcomer. The baby is very cute and seems to like me. Her two older cats are not to sure about this and would occasionally walk by and hiss. The baby is not intimidated and hisses back at the big guys. I think in two more days they will be grooming each other.
Elise seemed a bit worried that she had become a crazy cat lady but I assured her that as long as she has less than 8 cats she is OK.

View attachment 339089
Does the 8 cat rule include neighbours and sometimes unknown cats who drop by to receive an offering of food.

Last edited:
Don't let her watch The Simpsons! Certain episodes may give her ideas.

It would appear that humans are not the only species who like cats.

Koko the famous “talking” gorilla croaked yesterday (for “talking” read “vaguely communicating via limited hand signals”). He loved his cats and had a number of them.

To be honest you would have to have a heart of stone not to have an ahhh moment watching that.

View attachment 339089
What? Only 8?

Koko the famous “talking” gorilla croaked yesterday (for “talking” read “vaguely communicating via limited hand signals”). He loved his cats and had a number of them.

To be honest you would have to have a heart of stone not to have an ahhh moment watching that.
Not entirely sure about the "limited" bit. An article in National Geographic magazine said she had ability to sign 1000 signs and apparently could understand about 2000 words of spoken English.
Hell, there are people who post on Arrse who couldn't understand 2000 words of English.

Also said she apparently had maternal instincts and would handle kittens and cats in the same way a gorilla would handle baby gorillas.

Hell, there are people who post on Arrse who couldn't understand 2000 words of English.
Where Arrse is concerned you seem to mizi, missi, misn, get it wrong were what where riting.

Judging by the body-language going on, a lot of the cats in that video were thinking what I'd be thinking if a 280lb gorilla started getting touchy-feely!

Dirty stop out...
Lost cat back with owner after 10 years
A cat which went missing a decade ago has been reunited with its owner.
Harry disappeared from Mark Salisbury's former home in Ipswich, Suffolk, in 2008 but last month he turned up at the Ipswich branch of the Blue Cross.
The charity was told his elderly owner had died but after scanning the cat's microchip Harry was traced back to Mr Salisbury, who now lives in Gloucestershire.
Mr Salisbury said he "could never quite bring myself to cancel the microchip".

That dog is being murdered by Tattoo, welcome to fantasy island.

Bought the Furminator for a friend with a long haired kitten; she is well impressed. Thanks for the advice on here.

I know that on occasion there are typos in my posts. I wanted to show the reason for the typos.
Thomas Hobbs seems to resent it when I pay attention to the laptop when I could be patting him.

IMG_1817.JPG

Just because I choose to sit here to one side, please don't take it as an invitation to come and join me on my swing seat, thanks so much, now go fill the bowl with my favourite treats, there's a good human.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4