Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

he hissed when I tried to stroke him but maybe given time and patience and love ........

He's lost someone he cares about, and found himself in a strange place. I think I'd be a bit touchy in those circumstances.

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but cats aren't stupid. And, they appreciate someone who understands them.

Good luck!

Thank you all for the condolences. He looked so ill and unlike his usual self on Monday that when they said I had a decision to make I had no doubt whatsoever.. Considering the diabetes and kidney disease he did well, and he was happy and loved

I took his foods and leftover medicine to the Celia Hammond Animal Trust on Saturday, filled in a form and "had a look......." I'm having a home check tomorrow (not sure why when Jasper was adopted from them) so when I'm ready I can go and choose. I must admit I fell for Biffa, he's so sad because the elderly man looking after him went into a care home :( he hissed when I tried to stroke him but maybe given time and patience and love ........
I can't think of anyone better for him to go to. What does he look like?

I can't think of anyone better for him to go to. What does he look like?
black and white-if you google Celia Hammond Lewisham and loook at cats seeking homes he's on thre

he hissed when I tried to stroke him but maybe given time and patience and love ........
One of my parents cats is from a shelter - he was just a big kitten and spent the first couple of months hiding in a bedroom, then for a couple of years he would run away if anyone tried to stroke him. Now if you sit still for more than 30s he's on your lap purring.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
One of my parents cats is from a shelter - he was just a big kitten and spent the first couple of months hiding in a bedroom, then for a couple of years he would run away if anyone tried to stroke him. Now if you sit still for more than 30s he's on your lap purring.
We had the same problem with our Russian Blue, hid in my wardrobe for 3 weeks, then steered clear of everyone, now will jump in your seat as soon as you've moved plus will jump up for affection and if you stop, will remind you with a gentle paw swipe to the elbow. We've had her for a year and a half now.

If I had room for two I'd adopt Ivan and Canada

I'm out of the UK right now but I just had an email from my brother to say that Mum's cats have continued to succumb to FCV, with all 15 which were the progeny of Reuben & Callie, the long departed ferals now put down.
The only two left are later additions whose provenance is unknown.
The vet thinks their different genetic make-up might be what's saved them from the worst, though they are currently on medication in the hopes it will allow their immune systems to manufacture effective antibodies. :sad:
Not really been motivated to post here since the sad happenings of March & April.

The two survivors, Luke (who only has one eye) & Felix are both doing well, with the former requiring one more round of injections six weeks ago & the latter recovering unaided.
Notable that both are now very amenable to, if not actively looking for human interaction, something neither sought when part of the "tribe".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4