Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP Jasper - he passed away peacefully about 11am, I cuddled him half an hour or so first. Mrs Joker was an angel and came with me which helped massively
I always seem to lose track of this thread. And when ever I get back to it I read heart breaking posts like this. Thinking of you hun.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
furminator, great bit of kit, Tink loves it, no aggressive attacking the brush, purring even.

off with the loose fur and into the bin, enough to make you sneeze.
We've just got a regular brush. The biggest problem if you can't brush one of them if they are both in the room. They will FIGHT over which one gets brushed. With the hair I rake off Felix in a week you could make another cat.

Kittens can hide!

Back in 1978 shortly after my wife and I moved into our first house (rather than apartment) my wife gave me a kitten for Christmas. She was my first cat.

The second day we had her she disappeared totally. I was distraught and spent an entire evening searching everywhere, pulling the fridge away from the wall, climbing over the cooker to look behind it, searched the cellar... . No signed the next morning and I was convinced she had gotten out or had died somewhere. The next night as I was helping fix dinner I pulled out the top drawer of a kitchen cabinet and hears a noise. I pulled out the plastic tray holding the knives, forks etc and there she was. It appears she had gotten under the sink, climbed up the backs of the drawers and found her hiding place.
Amazing how much I loved that kitten after having her only 24 hours.

Kittens can hide!

Back in 1978 shortly after my wife and I moved into our first house (rather than apartment) my wife gave me a kitten for Christmas. She was my first cat.

The second day we had her she disappeared totally. I was distraught and spent an entire evening searching everywhere, pulling the fridge away from the wall, climbing over the cooker to look behind it, searched the cellar... . No signed the next morning and I was convinced she had gotten out or had died somewhere. The next night as I was helping fix dinner I pulled out the top drawer of a kitchen cabinet and hears a noise. I pulled out the plastic tray holding the knives, forks etc and there she was. It appears she had gotten under the sink, climbed up the backs of the drawers and found her hiding place.
Amazing how much I loved that kitten after having her only 24 hours.
Amazing how quickly that happens, the first time they re appear its like they are born again. It happenened to my sisters first couple of hamsters until she bought a metal cage they couldn't chew out of but in those cases we just had to look at my cat to know they weren't hiding.

Thank you all for the condolences. He looked so ill and unlike his usual self on Monday that when they said I had a decision to make I had no doubt whatsoever.. Considering the diabetes and kidney disease he did well, and he was happy and loved

I took his foods and leftover medicine to the Celia Hammond Animal Trust on Saturday, filled in a form and "had a look......." I'm having a home check tomorrow (not sure why when Jasper was adopted from them) so when I'm ready I can go and choose. I must admit I fell for Biffa, he's so sad because the elderly man looking after him went into a care home :( he hissed when I tried to stroke him but maybe given time and patience and love ........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
notwhoiam The NAAFI Bar 199
happybonzo Travel 2
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 20