Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Am I the only cat owner with shredded carpet just inside several doorways after feline lovey has been accidently shut in, and has shown his disapproval by trying to get out by pulling the carpet up usually in shreds...then follows the pushing match to open the door against torn up carpet and let the big bastard out...
Looking smug on the roof of the stable View attachment 331746
A fine ‘tache he has there.

Am I the only cat owner with shredded carpet just inside several doorways after feline lovey has been accidently shut in, and has shown his disapproval by trying to get out by pulling the carpet up usually in shreds...then follows the pushing match to open the door against torn up carpet and let the big bastard out...
No.

This is why most cat owners leave all doors open at all times, even if they never go into a room shutting the door will mean there is something vitally important in there and the digging of the carpet will commence. I'm still trying to get Dillinger to use the cat flap, watching Lenin use it, taping it open neither works so I'm leaving the back door open even whilst I'm at work. I've got nothing valuable to nick and Dillingers latest trick of pouncing on your leg and wrapping his legs around yours acting like a ball and chain with claws means a burglar won't get far.
I'm lucky in that on the other side of my drive is the remains of an old orchard, overgrown with brambles and stuff so all the local cats go there to hunt and play. Dillinger loves it and can often be found sitting in the highest branches of the trees.
He is also the first cat I've had that picks up food from his bowl with his paw and then eats if from his paw. He practices stalking his food bowl and with the final kill pounce jumps and throws the bowl into the air spilling food all over the place. He now has a large plastic food mat to contain the spillage.
As I type this ornaments are flying all over the place as he is chasing a large bluebottle around the house, I hope he sticks with flies only. Years ago I noticed Thugs right paw was swollen to twice its normal size, only having a motorbike I took a taxi to the vets who gave him an antibiotic and an antihistamine shot as he reckoned he had been stung by a wasp. £100 quid lighter I got him home and within a hour he was pouncing on another wasp against the window.

Last edited:
My boy hates not being able to go into any room so the doors are almost always left open.
If a door does need to be closed a very simple but effective detterent to wrecked carpets has been the use of 'sausage' draught excluders.

My boy hates not being able to go into any room so the doors are almost always left open.
If a door does need to be closed a very simple but effective detterent to wrecked carpets has been the use of 'sausage' draught excluders.
Ahhh, so he eats the sausages instead of wrecking the carpet.

An unusual shot of three of our cats cuddle up together…
all 3.jpg

They are Loki, Freya and Sammy

Jasper seems much happier today with no injections :) he's been outside for a mooch around, had a nap on the cushion by the step, and is now indoors on his sofa
he's been more affectionate :) so fingers crossed his blood test results are ok

I've had to take Jasper back to the vet, he had a blood test on Saturday which showed the kidney disease is worse so he'll be on a drip for 2 night then on semintra instead of the fluid injections

oddly he seemed happier over the weekend, he rolled on his back and let me (briefly) stroke his tummy, which he hasn't done for a while

Attachments

I've had to take Jasper back to the vet, he had a blood test on Saturday which showed the kidney disease is worse so he'll be on a drip for 2 night then on semintra instead of the fluid injections

oddly he seemed happier over the weekend, he rolled on his back and let me (briefly) stroke his tummy, which he hasn't done for a while
Hope it all goes well for him. I expect you'll both be relieved at no more fluid injections

Here's hoping for a good result

I keep my office shut because of the amount of pet hair that gets in otherwise especially after the last time when a power supply died taking with it two expensive graphics cards and a motherboard

Said power supply turned out to be full of cat hair...

Depends how many cats you have in the house, we're down to 4 at the moment due to quite a few dying of old age

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4