Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

FB_IMG_1523724714656.jpg

This is a bit of a heartbreaker. Mummy cat was one of the regular temple cats but hadn't been TNRd and fell pregnant.

According to the chap who posted it, she disappeared round about the time she was due to give birth then turned up again a few weeks later to deposit a dead kitten on the temple steps.

It's almost as if she knew where to take her child for a decent burial.

Sad but cats do seem to know where they are safe and loved.
Ages ago, a friend of my wife had a cat appear at her door on a cold night. the cat came in, drank some milk and cried to go out. S he let it out and it disappeared into the woods. About 20 minutes later the cat came back with a kitten in her mouth, stayed a but and cried to go out again. In a couple of hours she had brought in a total of five kittens. We ended up adopting one, a little tuxedo female. Had her for ten years until she died of diabetes. Tiny little thing we named Lucy

My son's girlfriend just sent me a picture of their cat, he is named HobbsToo as he was named for my cat Hobbs. They (son, girlfriend and cat) live in Los Angeles.
HobbsToo.jpg

My son's girlfriend just sent me a picture of their cat, he is named HobbsToo as he was named for my cat Hobbs. They (son, girlfriend and cat) live in Los Angeles. View attachment 330958
That is just telepathically murmuring to me 'attitude'

anyone any good ideas? I've had real trouble giving Jasper his fluid injection this week, he hisses and spits and wriggles. Up to now he's not been too bad, as long as I do it while he's scoffing he generally didn't seem to notice it :( aside from the odd time
I try to grab him and just get on with it but feel terrible

30441297_886324341546821_4732930733285310464_n.jpg

I am sure it must be so very, very wrong, laughing at this . . . poor kitty ;) .

I'm out of the UK right now but I just had an email from my brother to say that Mum's cats have continued to succumb to FCV, with all 15 which were the progeny of Reuben & Callie, the long departed ferals now put down.
The only two left are later additions whose provenance is unknown.
The vet thinks their different genetic make-up might be what's saved them from the worst, though they are currently on medication in the hopes it will allow their immune systems to manufacture effective antibodies. :sad:

anyone any good ideas? I've had real trouble giving Jasper his fluid injection this week, he hisses and spits and wriggles. Up to now he's not been too bad, as long as I do it while he's scoffing he generally didn't seem to notice it :( aside from the odd time
The only thing I can suggest is a phone call to the vet to see if there is somewhere else you can use as an injection site. Perhaps, over time, he's got a bit sore.

Poppy-
My old Taffycat, who died at age 19 about 20 years ago needed fluid injections daily for quite a long time. I gave the injections subcutaneous from an IV bag so there was not a lot of pressure as it went in. Do you drip it in from a bag or use a syringe which might have more pressure.
To give you perhaps more detail than you need: I would hang the bag from a cabinet and sit Taffy on the counter facing to my left. I would pinch up a bit of the scruff of his neck so it was tented up a bit and insert the needle right to left parallel to his back (not straight in) and flip the little valve on the IV tube, shut the valve when the level was down by 50cc (I think that is the same as ml) and remove the needle and swab with an alcohol swab.
The only time he complained was on one day when, without my knowledge, my wife had put the box of fluids etc out on the porch in cold weather and later brought it inside. When I started the fluids he was miaowing and crying and started shivering. When I felt the lump the fluids made on his back it was cold. Only then did I realize that I had injected the poor creature with ice cold fluids!! I felt awful about it but he was OK

Good luck getting the fluids into Jasper

Poppy-
My old Taffycat, who died at age 19 about 20 years ago needed fluid injections daily for quite a long time. I gave the injections subcutaneous from an IV bag so there was not a lot of pressure as it went in. Do you drip it in from a bag or use a syringe which might have more pressure.
To give you perhaps more detail than you need: I would hang the bag from a cabinet and sit Taffy on the counter facing to my left. I would pinch up a bit of the scruff of his neck so it was tented up a bit and insert the needle right to left parallel to his back (not straight in) and flip the little valve on the IV tube, shut the valve when the level was down by 50cc (I think that is the same as ml) and remove the needle and swab with an alcohol swab.
The only time he complained was on one day when, without my knowledge, my wife had put the box of fluids etc out on the porch in cold weather and later brought it inside. When I started the fluids he was miaowing and crying and started shivering. When I felt the lump the fluids made on his back it was cold. Only then did I realize that I had injected the poor creature with ice cold fluids!! I felt awful about it but he was OK

Good luck getting the fluids into Jasper
thanks David-I took your previous advice on board and it worked for quite a while, it's just the last couple of weeks he minds the injections every day :( I use a syringe with a new needle each time
I managed yesterday as I had some crab left after making sandwiches so pounced while he was scoffing :) ...........guess it's going to cost me

thanks David-I took your previous advice on board and it worked for quite a while, it's just the last couple of weeks he minds the injections every day :( I use a syringe with a new needle each time
I managed yesterday as I had some crab left after making sandwiches so pounced while he was scoffing :) ...........guess it's going to cost me

I fu..... er, flippin', hate injections or blood samples, even though I know they're for my benefit, and I often explain that to the needle-wielder. Perhaps that's all that he's doing?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4