Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

How often do you change the needles?!

I don't know how long it takes for them to loose their "pin point" sharpness, but I'm sure I'd prefer a new needle every time ;) .
he has a new one each time-this evening he was fine - it must be the way I'm doing it .........or he's just keeping me on my toes

You thought your cat was fat?

FB_IMG_1522394455909.jpg

Dusty has always been a feisty little madam, 17 years has not mellowed her one little bit. So it's very difficult to groom her, and with her being a long-haired feline it's important. But you take your life in your hands trying to groom her, literally, if you come out with your fingers intact you're on a winner. What we tend to do it wait until the matting gets too bad, then cut/pull it out.

Mrs Dummy got a bit over-enthusiastic with the (very sharp) scissors and managed to slice 2 cms out of her tummy.

IMG_20180328_204313.jpg
IMG_20180328_204318.jpg
IMG_20180329_182707.jpg

The vet ws very understanding, but then she would be with a £300 repair bill. She was supposed to stay in overnight, but we got a call at 1800 to ask us to take her, as she was upsetting the other animals with her yowling (she's deaf and doesn't realise how loud she is, and she hates being away from home). Dusty is recovering well, thankfully, back to the vet tomorrow :)

Dusty has always been a feisty little madam, 17 years has not mellowed her one little bit. So it's very difficult to groom her, and with her being a long-haired feline it's important. But you take your life in your hands trying to groom her, literally, if you come out with your fingers intact you're on a winner. What we tend to do it wait until the matting gets too bad, then cut/pull it out.

Mrs Dummy got a bit over-enthusiastic with the (very sharp) scissors and managed to slice 2 cms out of her tummy.

View attachment 328472 View attachment 328473 View attachment 328474

The vet ws very understanding, but then she would be with a £300 repair bill. She was supposed to stay in overnight, but we got a call at 1800 to ask us to take her, as she was upsetting the other animals with her yowling (she's deaf and doesn't realise how loud she is, and she hates being away from home). Dusty is recovering well, thankfully, back to the vet tomorrow :)
With one of my previous cats his coat would develop tats and I used electric hair clippers on him as used by your local barbers (although dedicated pet clippers are availabe).
Using scissors can be difficult as the tat is so close to their skin that you can have an accident

With one of my previous cats his coat would develop tats and I used electric hair clippers on him as used by your local barbers (although dedicated pet clippers are availabe).
Using scissors can be difficult as the tat is so close to their skin that you can have an accident
I'd have to catch her first. Take anything buzzy near her and she'll either run, or take your hand off :)

Currently watching ‘My Cat from Hell’ on Quest. Quite interesting once you get post the usual septic stuff.

This episode features City, murderous Bengal. Personally I don’t blame him for frequently attacking one of the women, as she’s really annoying. He also keeps attacking Missy, their other cat.

Basically City needs more activity. He needs to use up his energy and in fairness annoying fit bird takes to this better than dowdy bird. Large cat needs to keep active.....who’d have thunk it!

Well, apart from Jarvis. He’s a hefty puss and he’s just gone back to sleep.

Last edited:
I’ve watched about four episodes now. It’s basically distressed moggies and their clueless/dopey humans. The biggest problem these poor kitties face is the inadequacies of their slaves.

The cat-therapist is a chap called Jackson Galaxy...musician by night, cat-therapist by day. He used to work in a pet shelter and can get quite emotional, but in a ‘cares about the cats, not just a twat’ sort of way.

The episode featuring Marco the cat and the little brat-dog was heartwarming.

1522596420413.png

Indeed - it is literally removing the top phalange - and produces an animal that cannotclimb to safety and it MUST affect gait. If you can't live with a clawed predator it is far better to glue claw covers on than do that.

Or just buy a stuffed toy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4