Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Back story: when I made an offer for this house three years ago the previous owner was moving in with her daughter, who had a dog. I immediately said I’d be happy to be staff to the owner and that secured the sale despite a higher bid from someone who didn’t want the cat. He immediately took us under control.
Ah, this makes sense now. He's holding you to ransom for back rent.

Lots of goodies on the back porch should sort it.

Back story: when I made an offer for this house three years ago the previous owner was moving in with her daughter, who had a dog. I immediately said I’d be happy to be staff to the owner and that secured the sale despite a higher bid from someone who didn’t want the cat. He immediately took us under control.
I hope he's home safe very soon

Blimey. Not heard that one in four decades!

Last time I heard it was a black guy telling me to look after my cats as there was a Chinese restaurant nearby and they would cook my cats as they were “the Jews of the East”.

The missus restrained me from going off on one.

I’m still trying to work out the logic.

There is some truth to the rumours. Not all urban legend.
Many many years ago when I was young my best friend and I would go exploring Boston by tram/elevated/subway and see how far we could go on one kids fare. We always tried to get back to the financial district just before 1PM as if we showed up before his dad went to lunch he could be reliably counted on to buy us lunch, usually at a favourite place in Chinatown about three clocks from his office.

Many years later I read in the Boston Globe that the restaurant had been raided by a joint team from the Boston Health Dept and the MSPCA. The officers found deceased cats and parts thereof in the kitchen.

Many years later I read in the Boston Globe that the restaurant had been raided by a joint team from the Boston Health Dept and the MSPCA. The officers found deceased cats and parts thereof in the kitchen.
We used to have the same rumours here in West Yorkshire. I personally can't see what financial gain a restaurant or takeaway would get.

A lot of work for very little gain.

Back in the 60s while I was on leave in Singapore I was shown one of the English newspapers. There was a report – I shit you not – about a woman who took her Pekinese into a restaurant and asked them to feed it. She apparently had hysterics when, half an hour later, it was served up as her main course!

Is it true that in some establishments rabbits are presented pre-cooking skinned down to their feet, which still have fur on them to prove the carcass is not feline and if you want a pikey good luck charm the paws are extra once you've eaten?

OZ

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Ginger Brain Donor is not allowed out for reasons. He is therefore sad and singing the song of his people. His people presently appear to be Humpback whales.

@ Wooden Wonder - take heart - even our 12 year old neutered Tom (TGBD) goes out on the razzle when he can, shrieking queen season or not. Age is no constraint, they just don't have the aggression of neutered toms or the ammunition.

(Proof being Carpet Shouter's particular complaint when he is being subjected to the Donor's 'Special Piggy Back Game')

Is it true that in some establishments rabbits are presented pre-cooking skinned down to their feet, which still have fur on them to prove the carcass is not feline and if you want a pikey good luck charm the paws are extra once you've eaten?
OZ
I never remember a restaurant doing that.
I recall back in the late 60's and early 70's staying at the old Hotel Russell on Stephen's Green in Dublin. Old and elegant place. They had a large fish tank outside the dining room full of trout. If ordering trout you could accompany the headwaiter to the tank, look at the fish swimming and pick the one you wanted to eat. Sadly the Hotel Russell closed back in the mid-70's and was replaced with a glass and concrete monstrosity.

Of course here in New England there are a number of restaurants where you can pick out your lobster from a tank and it will be cooked for you.

The big white bastard has got the whole living room floor to lie on, including the prime location in front of the fire, but no, that's not good enough!
View attachment 322992
And he's thinking, the big fat bastard has got the whole living room floor to put his feet on, including the prime location in front of the fire, but no, that's not good enough!

Oh he does that alright, when I'm on earlies or nights, I sleep in the spare room so I don't disturb MrsHogg - wrong! BWB has taken to sleeping on my side of the bed when I'm not there - big and hairy, farting and snoring, the missus thinks I'm still in the bed with her! Only difference is, about 0130 once he's had his sleep, he gets playful and has taken to padding the side of her face to wake her up and play with him! She's welcome to that, I shut the bedroom door so he can't do it to me! :D

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Sunday morning I had planned on a trip to the gym. I knocked it on the head after being woken up at 0430, 0515, 0600, 0730, 0815, 0900 and 1000. The last time I had to clean up the mess. It looked lime Felix had chainsawed a pigeon in the dining room.

The big white bastard has got the whole living room floor to lie on, including the prime location in front of the fire, but no, that's not good enough!
It is very clear that he is sleeping there to keep your feet warm. My two do the same on cold nights, snuggling up to me in bed. If I wake up the purring puts me back to sleep.
You should be more appreciative of the cat tolerating your smelly feet in order to ensure your comfort.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Foitin_Irish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 20
orificecadet Officers 45
OldRedCap The Intelligence Cell 4