Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

1659684214193.png

I saw the strangest thing the other day and again tonight at a taverna on Zakynthos.
A three legged cat.
It was running around quite happily from table to table getting her nightly feed. Very timid but she came quite close to us after some chicken and beefburger.

View attachment 682277
Currently in Koutoulafari, Crete.

Cats everywhere, many very friendly, all well fed.

Sod the great food, fantastically friendly locals, great beers etc, wonderful ambience etc etc etc etc etc.

There are cats. I’m very happy.

(photos to follow).

One for starters. It’s a seat, I sits. Definitely Hiz Seat, he’s there every night, vetting the nearby restaurant patrons and overseeing (his?) family of mother and kittens nearby.

72C67440-7FD8-427F-A4D0-423431C58201.jpeg

2000AD

War Hero
Our ginger idiot swallowed a length of wool from SWMBO's crochet bag, however, nothing emerged wearing a sweater. The result was a cat that attempted to poop and ended up with an amost 6 ft trail of wool following them around the house as it trailed behind as they rattled about at full pelt trying to get away from it.

Assistance was required to withdraw the remaining 6ft or so that was still within said confused mog. Imagine the scene... it seemed for all the world like I'd pull started the furry idiot in the same motion as you would you'd start your lawn mower. Said feline shot off at full sprint as the disgusting remains were drawn out and they were not seen for the remainder of the day.

Strangely enough, no more balls of wool have been scoffed since.

tiv

LE
Our ginger idiot swallowed a length of wool from SWMBO's crochet bag, however, nothing emerged wearing a sweater. The result was a cat that attempted to poop and ended up with an amost 6 ft trail of wool following them around the house as it trailed behind as they rattled about at full pelt trying to get away from it.

Assistance was required to withdraw the remaining 6ft or so that was still within said confused mog. Imagine the scene... it seemed for all the world like I'd pull started the furry idiot in the same motion as you would you'd start your lawn mower. Said feline shot off at full sprint as the disgusting remains were drawn out and they were not seen for the remainder of the day.

Worse we ever had was short stands of cotton from my wife's sewing. However, one day she was knitting, ball of wool on floor beside her, when it suddenly got wet and slobbery. Sophie Cat was helping by laying at her feet chomping on the wool as it pased by.

I've just had to do that with my idiot I'll-eat-anything-I-can-scavenge dog.

Most smelly and unpleasant. Also worrying, since you don't know how long the cord is and where the other end of it is....... Anyway, it was 'only' a couple of metres.

2000AD

War Hero

Most smelly and unpleasant. Also worrying, since you don't know how long the cord is and where the other end of it is....... Anyway, it was 'only' a couple of metres.
It was only after it all came out (and I'd stopped myself creasing with laughter!) That I considered the consequences of what might have occured if the wool had become knotted up in a ball inside the daft creature, as it was it all came out in one untangled stream otherwise it may have been much more uncomfortable and even a vets trip.

ugly

LE
Loki swallowed the protective strip over the sticky flap on a shipping envelope
A pink flat trail was pulled out of his starfish

Londo

LE

Dogs or cats . Please don't try and 'help' by pulling on the material that is appearing .
You can do a lot of internal damage to the animal .
If it doesn't pass through and be expelled quickly and easily , take it to a vet .

On the subject of cats eating stuff, one to really watch for are those stupid fecking plastic tag things that attach price tags to clothes in shops. The natural thing to do when you get home is cut them to remove the label but this leaves two T shaped plastic bits.

One of which you‘ll inevitably drop. And not realise / bother.

And equally inevitably the furry moron will eat it.

Fast forward to the stem sticking out of his hoop with the cross piece preventing it coming out. Required sedation, a muscle relaxant and a deep wallet to get it out.

Latest Threads