Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Randy Felcher

War Hero
Shani is getting fat.

20220521_142712.jpg

O Zangado

War Hero
My sister and her husband are the types who buy in the latest ££££ pedigree "must have" fashion cats. No1 and No2 were Maine Coon and Bengal, and now 3-6 are those cats with strange square ears and, I believe (I'm persona non grata) a couple of Savannah types, possibly F1.

Cat No2, the Bengal, decided he didn't like the interlopers, so walked out and moved in with a neighbour. £2k gift to that person.

Cat No5, similar cost, looks like he'll also jump ship.

Perhaps there should be a web resource listing the homes of expensive but disgruntled cats, so that aspiring owners can lurk outside with a can of Waitrose tuna and some Dreamies.

I said I wanted one, not that I wanted to pay for one. All our current animals, two cats and a dog, arrived on the doorstep as young feral waifs who adopted us. The money which I would never give to a pedigree breeder goes on food, neutering, microchipping, other assorted vet bills and registrations.

The previous dog, sadly deceased, was a Labrador rescue with one rear leg missing below the hock. We found a brilliant, brilliant veterinary surgeon who fitted her with a prosthetic limb comprising a protruding titanium pin permanently implanted into her thigh bone to which a detachable carbon fibre blade (think Oscar Pistorius here) was fitted. I'll put up some images if anyone can PM me with guidance on how to do it.

OZ

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Well after a long "legs-in-different-directions" sleep, followed by several power naps, all back to normal (aside from the shaving, obvs)
1653145622211.png

I do wonder if she came to and thought, "Why is everything all spinny? WHERE THE F*CK IS MY FUR?"

Spacehopper383

War Hero

Ruben

Laying in bed this morning and SWMBO told me that one of her work colleagues had just hosted Ruben. I'd never heard of him but after reading the Facebook page, I had to join the group.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
cat and dog.jpg

Londo

LE

Ruben

Laying in bed this morning and SWMBO told me that one of her work colleagues had just hosted Ruben. I'd never heard of him but after reading the Facebook page, I had to join the group.
Thanks for the heads up . Just joined too .

My neighbours cat who visits me - she is lovely

Attachments

• 91ADCD61-E543-452C-866C-69FFE64383D4.jpeg
    91ADCD61-E543-452C-866C-69FFE64383D4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • 957999D8-7516-4673-BD4E-281863E70AA8.jpeg
    957999D8-7516-4673-BD4E-281863E70AA8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • BBDB74EC-9C57-47A6-8B7A-6224A4E1036D.jpeg
    BBDB74EC-9C57-47A6-8B7A-6224A4E1036D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • A632FBC5-CC89-4644-AE27-7DEEFD2B51BB.jpeg
    A632FBC5-CC89-4644-AE27-7DEEFD2B51BB.jpeg
    934.7 KB · Views: 23
  • A5828398-047A-4280-ABF2-AE7EF0B68203.jpeg
    A5828398-047A-4280-ABF2-AE7EF0B68203.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

Randy Felcher

War Hero
Sally looks radiant this morning. She's the only one of the three that never causes any trouble.

Even though she was found on the street, she's very ladylike. Cat royalty.

I remember first taking her to the vet a few years ago. He remarked that she wasn't a typical Kuwait Street cat because she was pure white, which is very unusual. He believed that she was dumped by a breeder (which is probably also how Shani the Bengal mix ended up on the street).

He's a good vet, an Italian gentleman. He kept calling her 'baby'.

IMG_20220521_143158_938.jpg

I'm rambling now, but I often post on Instagram. Not as an influencer (I've got a real job) or to get followers. I just use it as a scrapbook. Anyway, I hate animal breeders and people on social media who exploit animals just so they can get lots of likes and have their fragile egos stroked.

An 'influenza' (who also breeds Bengals) saw one of my kitty pics and sent me a message saying that they could get me lots of followers and raise my profile (which is the last thing I want, I like to be low profile).

They ignored my polite refusal twice and instead persisted, and at that point my politeness evaporated.

I asked them how many kitties they rescued but they dodged the question (as expected).

By now, my blood was up, and I was in full flow: I called them (censored version) the lowest of the low for exploiting animals and trying to make money from breeding which is one of the reasons there are so many strays. They're dealing in misery.
I then told them in no uncertain terms that the world (and cats in particular) would be better off without them and I suggested to them (bluntly) how they could make this happen.

I got reported and restricted for that. But it was worth it.

Rant over.

And while I was tapping that out Sally has decided to go back to sleep. Well, it's Sunday morning after all

IMG_20220522_054204_296.jpg

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
My neighbours cat who visits me - she is lovely

I think you've got yourself another owner, Lady P, or at least shared custody. Well done.

Nice to see you posting again here.

Londo

LE
Sally looks radiant this morning. She's the only one of the three that never causes any trouble.

Even though she was found on the street, she's very ladylike. Cat royalty.

I remember first taking her to the vet a few years ago. He remarked that she wasn't a typical Kuwait Street cat because she was pure white, which is very unusual. He believed that she was dumped by a breeder (which is probably also how Shani the Bengal mix ended up on the street).

He's a good vet, an Italian gentleman. He kept calling her 'baby'.

View attachment 664655

I'm rambling now, but I often post on Instagram. Not as an influencer (I've got a real job) or to get followers. I just use it as a scrapbook. Anyway, I hate animal breeders and people on social media who exploit animals just so they can get lots of likes and have their fragile egos stroked.

An 'influenza' (who also breeds Bengals) saw one of my kitty pics and sent me a message saying that they could get me lots of followers and raise my profile (which is the last thing I want, I like to be low profile).

They ignored my polite refusal twice and instead persisted, and at that point my politeness evaporated.

I asked them how many kitties they rescued but they dodged the question (as expected).

By now, my blood was up, and I was in full flow: I called them (censored version) the lowest of the low for exploiting animals and trying to make money from breeding which is one of the reasons there are so many strays. They're dealing in misery.
I then told them in no uncertain terms that the world (and cats in particular) would be better off without them and I suggested to them (bluntly) how they could make this happen.

I got reported and restricted for that. But it was worth it.

Rant over.

And while I was tapping that out Sally has decided to go back to sleep. Well, it's Sunday morning after all

View attachment 664656
Good for you mucker and Sally is a beauty

Latest Threads