Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

This auld bugger has got such a hard life, 2 full pouches and now he has to sleep it off! XD
IMG_20211019_113610_edit_384480448066332.jpg

Slime

LE
BCB has retired to the boudoir and is stretched out on our bed snoring! XD

Just make sure the house is nice and warm, we wouldn’t want him getting cold :)

TamH70

MIA
Just make sure the house is nice and warm, we wouldn’t want him getting cold :)

You mean "her", don't you? BCB is the Calico madam that Boss was conned into looking after.

Slime

LE
You mean "her", don't you? BCB is the Calico madam that Boss was conned into looking after.

Oh no, I’ve assumed a gender………off to the gulag I go :)

fv1620

Old-Salt
Bath time!

IMG_20211017_191434.jpg

That's the wife's foot on the left of the photo. She was lying on the sofa with me rubbing her feet, when BWB decided he would inject himself between us, he farted on the wife's other foot, hugged my leg and started snoring!
My wife does that to me when I rub the cat’s feet.

Our two mogs are around 13 years old now - both hale and hearty (touch wood)...

Question - they seem to be fine with regular wet food and dry food they've been on for years - if all stays fine, is it worth trying to switch over to 'Senior' stuff, or knowing how fussy they can be, now that we have a regular routine with food they're happy with just stick with it until there's an obvious reason to change things up?

What d'ya reckon?

TamH70

MIA

Question - they seem to be fine with regular wet food and dry food they've been on for years - if all stays fine, is it worth trying to switch over to 'Senior' stuff, or knowing how fussy they can be, now that we have a regular routine with food they're happy with just stick with it until there's an obvious reason to change things up?

What d'ya reckon?

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it until it is, or you might just break it anyway. If they can gnaw and munch on what they are currently eating with no discomfort or evident loss of appetite, then let them continue on with what they're doing. Cats are susceptible to stress if their rations change without warning - I know this because I read this thread, despite not having a Moggins as my own master or mistress.

If you are going ahead with the change when you think the time is right, consult your local vet. They may have toothy peg problems that they can get fixed.

What d'ya reckon?
My senior puss is 18 and still on 1/2 a sachet of adult stuff morning and night with adult biscuits to graze on. Junior puss is 4 months and although he’s on kitten wet stuff he still scoffs adult stuff when he can and grazes in adult biscuits.

IMHO there’s very little difference and change in the past has caused more issues than just leaving the to get on with it. We use feeding wet food as a kind of Muster Parade to check on the current crop of 5. Of the 10 or so previous cats, all have been the same and no nutritional issues to report.

HoPE this helps.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it until it is, or you might just break it anyway. If they can gnaw and munch on what they are currently eating with no discomfort or evident loss of appetite, then let them continue on with what they're doing. Cats are susceptible to stress if their rations change without warning - I know this because I read this thread, despite not having a Moggins as my own master or mistress.

If you are going ahead with the change when you think the time is right, consult your local vet. They may have toothy peg problems that they can get fixed.
Ta - as I thought.

Teeth - one of them had an issue years back so it's something we keep an eye on anyway, all good.

My senior puss is 18 and still on 1/2 a sachet of adult stuff morning and night with adult biscuits to graze on. Junior puss is 4 months and although he’s on kitten wet stuff he still scoffs adult stuff when he can and grazes in adult biscuits.

IMHO there’s very little difference and change in the past has caused more issues than just leaving the to get on with it. We use feeding wet food as a kind of Muster Parade to check on the current crop of 5. Of the 10 or so previous cats, all have been the same and no nutritional issues to report.

HoPE this helps.
HALF a sachet morning and night! You monster!!! You’ll be hearing from moggy’s lawyers.

HoPE this helps.
My 2 have between 3 and five pouches a day plus biscuits!

Latest Threads