Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

I hate to say but what I see there is an animal acting like an animal and testing out a possible food source.
Bit of a struggle going on between "Yum yum" and old scents & recognitions . . . .
To a feline or canine...protein is protein. Not nice...but they are just hardwired to survive and make the most of what is in front.

Totally and absolutely DISAGREE !!

It is impossible NOT to notice that the surviving cat, tries to lift its friend by the back-of-the-neck . . . just as a parent moggy would lift/carry/move, a kitten.

I have no idea, to where it thinks it is going to move the corpse, but it is clearly not happy with it remaining where it is.

The licking of corpse's coat . . . I would suggest . . . is a desperate, fruitless, act of grooming . . . rather than a stimulus of the gastric juices !! ;) .

Aye.
Stacker's post.

Ah! After many years persevering with his/her/its contributions . . . I discovered the IGNORE function - which will continue to be applied - and, would be why this particular post did not appear !!

Last edited:

It is impossible NOT to notice that the surviving cat, tries to lift its friend by the back-of-the-neck . . . just as a parent moggy would lift/carry/move, a kitten.

I have no idea, to where it thinks it is going to move the corpse, but it is clearly not happy with it remaining where it is.

The licking of corpse's coat . . . I would suggest . . . is a desperate, fruitless, act of grooming . . . rather than a stimulus of the gastric juices !! ;) .

Ah! After many years persevering with his/her/its contributions . . . I discovered the IGNORE function - which will continue to be applied - and, would be why this particular post did not appear !!
That's fine to disagree.
You & I usually see the other's view well, and normally....agree!
As for Stacker...he's never bothered me one iota but then we've never crossed swords either but I do have a very small..less than a handful...group of chosen retards/trolls who I have on ignore...and by God...some of them are really Speshull.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

One of our cats died during the night and I was woken by Harley (a sibling of the dead cat) crying as he tried to obtain some response from the dead one.
Having seen that and compared with my sighting of a male polar bear devouring young I would say they are two different animals.

One of our cats died during the night and I was woken by Harley (a sibling of the dead cat) crying as he tried to obtain some response from the dead one.
Having seen that and compared with my sighting of a male polar bear devouring young I would say they are two different animals.

I doubt the mother of the polar bears would have munched down on them. Equally I'm sure a starving stray cat coming across a dead cat might be tempted to have a snack.
But generally they know when friends and family have snuffed it.

I doubt the mother of the polar bears would have munched down on them. Equally I'm sure a starving stray cat coming across a dead cat might be tempted to have a snack.
I googled that one tbh.
Horrible though it is, looks like there's an increasing trend for Daddy/ random males to lunch on Mum/cubs as natural food sources become more difficult.
But.... Daddy will tend to avoid his own as a rule.

Seems cruel, but by Jove these days humans seem to trump them...

I googled that one tbh.
Horrible though it is, looks like there's an increasing trend for Daddy/ random males to lunch on Mum/cubs as natural food sources become more difficult.
But.... Daddy will tend to avoid his own as a rule.

Seems cruel, but by Jove these days humans seem to trump them...

I don't think polar bears do being a daddy, they are solitary animals except when shagging.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

It seems that the mother digs herself a cavern in the snow and stays there for birth and several months after by which time, apparently, the cubs are strong enough to scamper off on their own if necessary.
During that time the mother has no food and is virtually skinny on emerging from the cave.

Yokel

LE
Maybe get her teeth checked? First sign Jeeves isn't 100% with his teeth is only eating part of the meat in his food and not being too keen on biscuits or treats.

Was just about to say more or less the same about teeth .

I worried about that - tooth problems can lead to kidney disease in cats, and one of our previous cats went deaf after having dental work done. I am pleased to say that when Coco was offered some Iams this lunchtime she tucked in - and asked for more.

Video here of a cat seeing his dead friend.
When I have to put down one of my cats ill try to let the other one see the body.

I tried to let Coco see Jasper. I have opted not to watch the video.

I hate to say but what I see there is an animal acting like an animal and testing out a possible food source.
Bit of a struggle going on between "Yum yum" and old scents & recognitions.
New (still) born cubs are devoured by say...the mother tiger immediately for protein, and we know devoted even the most devoted dogs will eventually get stuck into their deceased owners indoors if starved long enough.
To a feline or canine...protein is protein. Not nice...but they are just hardwired to survive and make the most of what is in front.

Not if they recognise the scent.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest fan of cats (but abhore mistreatment of animals), however after @ex_colonial's story that his mate shoots them with arrows (LINK), and @par avion appearing to agree with this (or at least thinking my comment of "Your mate is a cûnt" was dumb) I was wondering if anyone on here could suggest to both those mouthbreathers non-harmful ways of preventing cats from digging up the garden?

Last edited:

Londo

LE
I'm not the biggest fan of cats (but abhore mistreatment of animals), however after @ex_colonial's story that his mate shoots them with arrows (LINK), and @par avion appearing to agree with this (or at least thinking my comment of "Your mate is a cûnt" was dumb) I was wondering if anyone on here could suggest to both those mouthbreathers non-harmful ways of preventing cats from digging up the garden?
I have already mentioned how I keep cats and with less success chickens out my veg patches .
I use the flexible plastic fencing of the type you see round roadworks and the like but green rather than red and kept in place with road pins .
Can be unhooked and slid down the pins whenever you need access to all those succulent veggies and easily found on e-bay .
Chicken wire is also good but a pain when you want access yourself and not so easy to work with .

FB_IMG_1634552341137.jpg

I have not visited this thread for some time. We have been through a horrible few months, well, years really but turned even worse of late, and I was finding the loss of peoples' feline mates rather upsetting (yeah, yeah, 'fragile little flower, etc., etc.). Had to be separated from our monster, Maximillian who, as I have mentioned before, is currying favour with my wife's mate and her niece.
Anyway, the niece is trying to show off her design skills as she has started her career in 'fashion'. Good to see that the Beast is being his usual, helpful, self:

ETA: Oh for Fukkkksache!! Been trying to post the video for three days now and it just will not either find it or attach. I give up.

Last edited:
I have not visited this thread for some time. We have been through a horrible few months, well, years really but turned even worse of late, and I was finding the loss of peoples' feline mates rather upsetting (yeah, yeah, 'fragile little flower, etc., etc.). Had to be separated from our monster, Maximillian who, as I have mentioned before, is currying favour with my wife's mate and her niece.
Anyway, the niece is trying to show off her design skills as she has started her career in 'fashion'. Good to see that the Beast is being his usual, helpful, self:

ETA: Oh for Fukkkksache!! Been trying to post the video for three days now and it just will not either find it or attach. I give up.
Upload to you tube then post a link, this site is rubbish with large files, it is free however so has limited bandwith/server space. but just do what everyone else does and put a link on...Top tip for the day

Edited that that is not a dig at the site at all, but with the costs it must take etc, just post links up. Unless we can get Bezos on Arrse, we cant host the world and send us all in to space.

Last edited:
Every vet I've ever met says that animals who are friends should wherever possible see the body when one is put to sleep. Otherwise they won't know where their friend went.
I had 2 rabbits that had been hutch mates for 6 years, the female was diagnosed with cancer and the male lost use of his back legs. I had the pair of them put to sleep together, that way they didn't miss each other.

Londo

LE
I had 2 rabbits that had been hutch mates for 6 years, the female was diagnosed with cancer and the male lost use of his back legs. I had the pair of them put to sleep together, that way they didn't miss each other.
Probably for the best . Still not a good day though.

It wasn't for my wallet, it was £75 each! Vet wanted £95 each for cremation, I took them home and buried them at the bottom of the garden where the la'al feckers tried escaping many times.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
master of disguise.jpg

Latest Threads