Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

1627557542711.png

Seen in the local Cloggy rag, this poor cat in the local animal refuge is looking for a new home and staff. However somebody has a strange sense of humour, this one eyed cat is called Capt Hook.
1627565117413.png

It says in the link that he doesn't go meow, just Arrrr.

Not really.

Last edited:
Something different, seen in a garden centre near Roermond:
20210728_103346.jpg

Has the advantage that it won't demand food at zero dark hundred hrs and won't breath fish fumes in your face when you're trying to get to sleep.

Something different, seen in a garden centre near Roermond:
View attachment 592455
Has the advantage that it won't demand food at zero dark hundred hrs and won't breath fish fumes in your face when you're trying to get to sleep.
And won't bring rodents in to be consumed/toyed with under the bed at o'dark 30.

Yokel

LE
Today the vet said Jasper has put on a bit of weight - since Tuesday. He/She (not sure which vet saw him) wants him to be on all the medication he was on several weeks back. Must phone and get some more Synulox - which they say is not an antibiotic. Eh?

Actually it was not me who spoke to the vet, so the message may have got garbled

Last edited:

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Today the vet said Jasper has put on a bit of weight - since Tuesday. He/She (not sure which vet saw him) wants him to be on all the medication he was on several weeks back. Must phone and get some more Synulox - which they say is not an antibiotic? Eh?
Are you being ripped here? Here are the details for Synulox and the human equivalent Augmentin used for chest infections in humans, spot the difference, no I can't either. Are you using a corporate vet or an independent?

Yokel

LE
We were given a suspension of Synulox. Will speak to the vet in the morning to get some more.

Does anyone know if cats can tell what day of the week it was? Both Jasper and Coco seemed to know that is is Thursday, which means fish and chip night. Unfortunately the chip van was not there, so no fresh cod for my feline friends. We had to make do with frozen Cod fillets - and so did the cats.

Last edited:
We were given a suspension of Synulox. Will speak to the vet in the morning to get some more.

Does anyone know if cats can tell what day of the week it was? Both Jasper and Coco seemed to know that is is Thursday, which means fish and chip night. Unfortunately the chip van was not there, so no fresh cod for my feline friends. We had to make do with frozen Cod fillets - and so did the cats.
Oh, gosh, they do know what day of the week it is. If Maximillian's breakfast is late Mon-Fri, generally, there is hell to pay even if Her Ladyship is not working and we are having a later breakfast in bed and I will pay for it later in the day.
Saturday & Sunday, we have often have a bit of a lie-in and he knows that: A. His breakfast will be coming; B. he will join us on the bed and will have a share of our grub; C. As long as I make no errors, I will not be punished. He seems to have worked out the fall of most bank holidays too.
He is fairly forgiving if I am ill too but if it is Mrs. S who is unwell and I deliver his food in a less than timely fashion, the very first scenario applies & pain is dealt!

Last edited:
This Turkish vet deals with the difficult patients.

Mine was like that at the vets. Or he was; he may have calmed down.

The first vet we tried to see wanted to see Smudge twice, once for a check up, the 2nd time for the neutering operation. They wouldn't do it in one visit even though we explained he's a vicious semi-feral nightmare.

So we found another vet who would. Then we couldn't get him in his travel box (I did check out youtube vids for advice first). He's a big cat, mental, and fought like hell and I didn't want to hurt him.

When we did reschedule and I got him in his box, he took a shit in it on the way to the vets.

Nearly two years on we're still wary of him. He can be affectionate, but sometimes he reads a situation wrong and lashes out. Last week I sat on the floor next to him while he was on the sofa. I stroked his head. He lashed out and got his claws stuck in my t-shirt. So we had a bit of tug-of-war and he was spitting like mad at me, still attached to my t-shirt. I was scared he'd just 'go for it' and I'd have him wrapped around my face.

So I had to peel the t-shirt off me with Smudge still attached.

Other times he's warm, affectionate, and innocent. Mornings are best for him. Don't mess with him in the evenings.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We had a cat, lived with us for 19 years, but refused to leave the house. Consequently her claws were razor sharp as she walked on carpets and they did not wear away naturally. She hated going to the vet and refused, point blank, to go in to the carry case. Her claws drew blood on several occasions. We got round this by dropping a towel over her and wrapping her up in it then holding the carry case with the opening upwards and just dropping her in! Saved a lot of my blood.

Experts keep saying the last living thing on the planet will be cockroaches but I think cats will be up there as they are vicious and efficient killers with no heart! :)

We got round this by dropping a towel over her and wrapping her up in it then holding the carry case with the opening upwards and just dropping her in! Saved a lot of my blood.

First time we did this, he fought like a demon and got away.

The second time I put food at the entrance of the box, the back of which was against a wall.

As he went for the food I dropped the towel on him and just shoved him and towel into the box in one swift movement.

Job jobbed.

Latest Threads