Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Slime

LE
@pc flaps

Plus, lets not forget, modern popular culture says everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame………..You are going to be on the telly, and not only that, you’ll be the ’star’ of the show ;)

tiv

LE
Interesting. Over here it’s usually done with a general (propofol) and you just wake up in the recovery room.
I was given a choice, with or without. Chose without as you get out quicker but you do get some gas and air to suck on if you feel the need, I didn't. Slightly uncomfortable but not painful in any way.

BlipDriver

Old-Salt
I was given a choice, with or without. Chose without as you get out quicker but you do get some gas and air to suck on if you feel the need, I didn't. Slightly uncomfortable but not painful in any way.
Bum camera 2 or 3 was driven by a local professor, just before I passed out I felt like John Hurt in Alien.
Best food afterward was at the local BUPA (all NHS cancelled due to Covid), choice of sandwiches and hot drink.

TamH70

MIA
Evenin' all. An enjoyable eveing it has not been as I have a colonoscopy tomorrow and have thus had to take something to loosen the bowels.

While I was donating the contents of my stomach to the local sewerage system, the door creaked open (having not had time to close it before the quacking of my guts turned into full flow) and there was the b@stard cat staring at me. With something that looked suspiciously like a smirk on her calico face.

I have informed her that finding my situation amusing will result in immediate withdrawal of rations. As she's a cat she will naturally ignore me and find another way to wind me up.

Ruddy cats!
Best wishes for the test tomorrow. I hope you get the all clear, like wot l did after both of the two l have had. Pico lax laxative included...

Cheers matey. Not exactly looking forward to it. My old man had a bowel cancer scare earlier this year, and given it tends to be inherited I thought I'd get checked out just in case.

A bit similar to you but my dad died of bowel cancer when in 1965 when he was 65 (and I was 18 )
I have had a colonoscopy every 4 years since I turned 40 for that reason. Main change over the years was you used to have to drink vast quantities of a horrible tasting laxative, now you drink vast quantities of. laxative that tastes like water, much nicer. Here in the US they usually sedate you so you are out or nearly out. Only odd thing was once when out I must have been dreaming of Donegal or something as I awoke asking the nurse questions in Irish "Where are we" "Who are you" "Whats your name" etc and it took me a moment to start over in English. Poor woman thought my brain had been scrambled.

Re my dad's age: Odd to think that my dad was born when Victoria had a brief time left on the throne, McKinley was still US President and the Wright Brothers were making bicycles and tinkering with a possible flying machine.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1627106319645.jpg

Yokel

LE
Jasper has spent most of the last few days outside - he does love the outdoors and it had been ideal weather for him as he is an expert at finding shade. However, he seems reluctant to come in. Last night he was sitting outside and got wet, so we brought him in but he went out again. Twice!

I have put the cat basket back in the shed in case he sees it and he scarpers.

Bum camera 2 or 3 was driven by a local professor, just before I passed out I felt like John Hurt in Alien.
Best food afterward was at the local BUPA (all NHS cancelled due to Covid), choice of sandwiches and hot drink.
Off in half an hour. Am focusing on the sarnies and hot drink part of the day....

On the bright side, my bathroom scales tell me I've lost 4 pounds since yesterday morning...

Jasper has spent most of the last few days outside - he does love the outdoors and it had been ideal weather for him as he is an expert at finding shade. However, he seems reluctant to come in. Last night he was sitting outside and got wet, so we brought him in but he went out again. Twice!

I have put the cat basket back in the shed in case he sees it and he scarpers.
Good news @Yokel ! Sounds like he's on the mend. Our old cat freaked out when he saw the cat carrier too.

I might watch that tonight, it'll feel like therapy after today!

BlipDriver

Old-Salt
Sigmoid colonoscopy was gas and air on standby, but as you said just uncomfortable. The home enema kit was however "interesting".
The first full one:
Nurse: How do feel about sedatives?
Me: That there can't be too much.
I've stuck by that answer since. (Means I have to be driven about & pampered for as long as I can get away with it until I'm recovered.

I might watch that tonight, it'll feel like therapy after today!
Hope it goes/went well for you.

If your post-procedure day is anything like mine your guts will gurgling (or worse) for at least 24 hours and you'll fart for NATO :)

Latest Threads