Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

He does the usual cat trick and turns into a puddle of jelly so I cant shift him, then the wife wakes up and blames me for making a noise, not the shitbag hogging my space.
That, or getting inbetween you and the missus before stretching his legs out and arching his back trying to make the space bigger, even worse now the Calico cow is joining him as well. I've told her owner where she is and he's fine with it as it's saving him a fortune in cat food, my outgoings has increased and that's on top of a pay freeze, so the cheeky moo has give me a pay cut!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1614618330994.png

This little chap (Ginge) has decided that he wants a taste of the limelight, he had the shits over the weekend, that bad we had to shower him yesterday. He's taken to hiding from us as well, something he never did before and last night around 2am, I turned over in bed to find him between me and the OH, as he was fast asleep I left him there. Woke up at 5 to find him gone and remarked to the OH about him to discover that he'd moved to sleep on the pillow above OH's head. OH took him to the vet today, lost half kilo in 6 weeks, severely dehydrated and could have a kidney infection. Treatment plan is to take him in every morning for the next 3 days where he'll be rehydrating and pick him up every night to take him home.

View attachment 553634

This little chap (Ginge) has decided that he wants a taste of the limelight, he had the shits over the weekend, that bad we had to shower him yesterday. He's taken to hiding from us as well, something he never did before and last night around 2am, I turned over in bed to find him between me and the OH, as he was fast asleep I left him there. Woke up at 5 to find him gone and remarked to the OH about him to discover that he'd moved to sleep on the pillow above OH's head. OH took him to the vet today, lost half kilo in 6 weeks, severely dehydrated and could have a kidney infection. Treatment plan is to take him in every morning for the next 3 days where he'll be rehydrating and pick him up every night to take him home.
Hope he's fully recovered soon

View attachment 553634

He's an exceedingly handsome chap, my best wishes for a full recovery.

Ned_Seagoon

War Hero
View attachment 553634

Best of luck with the treatment. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery.

dragon825

War Hero
View attachment 553510Last Thursday our cat got hit by a bike. The rider didn’t stop, nor did he fall off unfortunately. Some body saw his body in the road and moved it aside then knocked on a few doors to tell people. He also told the local community group on Facebook about the dead cat. The amount of replies from people who were willing to pick him up and take him to a vet was heart warming.
The wife came home shortly after with the daughter and was told by the neighbour about him. The daughter was in pieces as she grew up with Boris and has never known a time without him. Boris would have been 17 later this month. He was beginning to show his age, taking stairs one at a time and losing weight.

RIP Boris.
so sorry to hear that @RigPig what an utter twonk for not stopping

View attachment 553510Last Thursday our cat got hit by a bike. The rider didn’t stop, nor did he fall off unfortunately. Some body saw his body in the road and moved it aside then knocked on a few doors to tell people. He also told the local community group on Facebook about the dead cat. The amount of replies from people who were willing to pick him up and take him to a vet was heart warming.
The wife came home shortly after with the daughter and was told by the neighbour about him. The daughter was in pieces as she grew up with Boris and has never known a time without him. Boris would have been 17 later this month. He was beginning to show his age, taking stairs one at a time and losing weight.

RIP Boris.
My condolences. When I saw he was taken to a vet I was hopeful.

View attachment 553634

Hoping for a swift, complete recovery for this beautiful fellow.

PFGEN

GCM

RIP Boris.

Sorry to hear about Boris. One fine looking cat. Good to hear that so many people wanted to help out.

@Joker62 Ginge looks like he’s about to sharpen all his claws on your face. Not surprising if you’ve bathed him. Rather you than me. I can’t blame him from hiding from you now. I hope he recovers. 1/2 kg is a lot for a cat to lose.

RP

Poppy

LE
so sorry about Boris

Joker I hope Ginge recovers well

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Joker62 Ginge looks like he’s about to sharpen all his claws on your face. Not surprising if you’ve bathed him. Rather you than me. I can’t blame him from hiding from you now. I hope he recovers. 1/2 kg is a lot for a cat to lose.

RP
TBH, since he came back from the vets, he's been chopping and changing laps, he's never sat on us before. The pic is what we face when we sit down to eat on the sofa, so yeah, he probably would sharpen his claws on my face. The vet gave his weight as 3.5kg, he's never really been a chubber unlike 2 of our cats.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

FB_IMG_1614720693041.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ginge update, not a kidney infection after all, down to pancreatitus. Spent the day at the vets on a drip to rehydrate and get some drugs into him. Came back home this evening, seems more himself, managed to put on 200g back on since getting weighed yesterday morning, also managed to wolf down 80g of chicken for lunch whilst at the vets.

PFGEN

GCM
Ginge update, not a kidney infection after all, down to pancreatitus. Spent the day at the vets on a drip to rehydrate and get some drugs into him. Came back home this evening, seems more himself, managed to put on 200g back on since getting weighed yesterday morning, also managed to wolf down 80g of chicken for lunch whilst at the vets.

That's good news. As you got him to the vet in time he should make a decent recovery with continued support. (Sorry can't remember how long the recovery period is.)

That's a relief, my best wishes for a full recovery.

Latest Threads