Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A sign of the times perhaps.

cat flu.jpg

Oh dear, the great romance seems to be over.

Jeeves has been the soul of patience and kindness, but last night she spat at him and hit him as she walked past and it was just too much for him.

He got in front of her turned round and boxed her ears for her (still the gentleman - no claws). She let out a screech that probably stopped traffic a couple of miles away, went to retaliate, thought better of it and took to her heels, she'd probably have beaten a Formula 1 car off the grid.

Jeeves walked to the door, had a good look round to make sure she'd gone, then turned round smirking and strolled to the food bowl for a reviving snack followed by a restorative nap.

I'm not going to apologise for re-posting this . . .

Published - AGAIN - by: Compassion in World Farming, on 26 November 2020.

Hopefully, others will also Sign & Share . . .

It’s a disgrace: the UK Government is still blocking attempts to legally protect animal welfare in trade deals.

Under relentless pressure from Compassion supporters, other campaigners, and the House of Lords, the Government has committed to increase parliamentary scrutiny of new free trade agreements.

Yet it refuses to require, by law, that food imports meet British animal welfare standards.

We cannot allow the UK to import cruelty.

Posted on: the "All Inter-web videos and links" thread; the Smallholding/Farming thread; the Cat thread; and, the Dog thread.

Last edited:
The same, but different . . . .

Published by: Compassion in World Farming, on 26 November 2020.

Thank you so much for signing our open letter demanding that UK food imports meet domestic farming standards.

Shamefully, the Agriculture Bill, which has now completed its journey through Parliament, will allow the UK Government to negotiate trade deals that could undermine British animal welfare standards.

We will not stand for this. We will make our voices heard.

We’re holding a virtual event to honour over 68,000 compassionate people who’ve signed the open letter and send our united message to the Government.

We’ll hear from supportive MPs, high profile signatories, and Compassion staff and volunteers about why we must keep up the fight against cruelty.

Date: Tuesday 8th December

Time: 12:30 GMT

Thank you so much – I look forward to joining you online on Tuesday 8th December.
With my best wishes,

James
Compassion in World Farming.

Posted on: the "All Inter-web videos and links" thread; the Smallholding/Farming thread; the Cat thread; and, the Dog thread.

I haven't seen one of this series for a while, so I thought it was OK to share...

heal thy burgers.jpg

TamH70

MIA

Londo

LE
"Hoominz give their babies a bath in the sink? I think I'll have a trial run and see if I like the idea of doing it to mine."
Years ago when we were rescuing feral cats and kittens we took in a pregnant feral and the only spare place for her was in the bathroom (it was a huge room)
Although there was a chest of drawer in there with the bottom drawer taken out for her to nest in and have her kittens . Guess where she used to sleep ?
Used to have to remove her every morning to have a shave .

Last edited:
Years ago when we were rescuing feral cats and kittens we took in a pregnant feral and the only spare place for her was in the bathroom (it was a huge room)
Although there was a chest of drawer in there with the bottom drawer taken out for her to nest in and have her kittens . Guess where she used to sleep ?
Used to have to remover her every morning to have a shave .

Yup. During the summer months, ours used to kip in the basin overnight. I guess it was cooler or something.

Latest Threads