Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

I read that they were bred as temple guardians, and our old moggin was living proof. We had someone try to con his way into my house while I was at work one night, claiming that a pizza had been ordered for my address. When he knocked Chippinmog was there, growling like a little dragon. The door was not opened, the conversation ended with the offer of the pizza for free being refused. Peering through the front window, the villain was seen retreating to his unmarked van, empty handed. An excellent cat.

Smudge has a bit of that in him. He's the only cat I know that when someone knocks on the door, he growls and runs towards it.

I thought it was just because he's an aggressive bad-tempered sod.

I turned over in my sleep, in bed, a few nights ago and my hand must've 'flopped' in front of him and the rotten barsteward savaged my hand.

IMG_3824 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

He's sweet sometimes though; purring and head butting us. This starts mostly about two hours before his breakfast or dinner.

cat watch what I tell you.jpg

1605991626871.png

1605991846615.png

1605992050733.png

NSP

LE

When we first got Smudge he was frightened and savage. Some internet advice I was given was to wear a thick glove and feed him by hand (he loves food) so that he gets used to human interaction.

That sounded logical to me so I got a pair of those thick rubberised builders gloves, got Smudge his dinner, lay down on my stomach and went under the bed (where Smudge used to hang out) and offered him some food on my hand.

He just savaged the gloved hand and his claws got through the thick rubber no problem; more bleeding.

In the end it just took time - Smudge's time - and he's quite a nice cat, mostly. We've just got to be careful with him.

I've got a new camera and was lying on the floor behind him, taking some pics.

He was messing around scratching in the bottom of his 'house box' thing, he came out, I stroked him and he swiped me on the top of the head - claws slightly out - and gave me a bit of a hiss.

That's it - decision made - the fat-bad-tempered-twat's going on a diet.

IMG_4571 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've got a new camera and was lying on the floor behind him, taking some pics.

He was messing around scratching in the bottom of his 'house box' thing, he came out, I stroked him and he swiped me on the top of the head - claws slightly out - and gave me a bit of a hiss.

That's it - decision made - the fat-bad-tempered-twat's going on a diet.

IMG_4571 by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr
Fairy nuff, but what about the cat? ;)

Latest Threads