Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

1604001348332.png

To be @BossHogg's THIRD "acquisition" :) .

. . . THEN, he'll have something to be grumpy about, and tell us all !! ;)

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is this cat chilled out enough?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

PFGEN

GCM
Confirm language, over.

Nice kitty, though.

Ah - in my filthy mind I might have answered my own question.
Play on language. When I came up with the name I was thinking of Allo Allo, where there is a character called Mimi Le Bonq. Had it been a male cat I'd be looking for some way to name it Von Smallhausen. or similar. After some convoluted thinking I can up with Mimi la Poes. There are kids around here so I had to keep it clean. Poes is a cat in Dutch, however if you should accidentally happen to look up "natte poes" in Google. You might find various felines being given a bath....or... maybe not.

I had the pleasure last night of going into the Bag o’ Nails, a pub in the Hotwells area of Bristol, that is now a cat pub. Sadly I didn’t have my phone with me to take photos, but trust me when I say there were some magnificent moggies in there. One of them even made Jarvis, BWB or BCB look svelte.

You can f**k right off!!! That big bastard will eat BWB and BCB as a snack! I left the house to come on night duty leaving Mrs Hogg lying on the sofa watching TV, BWB was wrapped around her head and BCB was wrapped around her feet! :D
Why do I get the impression that BCB, will not be sharing with the guinea pig tonight ?! ;) .

Hope you have a quiet shift :) .

Last edited:

Slime

LE
I had the pleasure last night of going into the Bag o’ Nails, a pub in the Hotwells area of Bristol, that is now a cat pub. Sadly I didn’t have my phone with me to take photos, but trust me when I say there were some magnificent moggies in there. One of them even made Jarvis, BWB or BCB look svelte.

I might have to try that place.
I visit a family member in Hotwells every couple of weeks, and that could be a new place to meet up.

Randy Felcher

Old-Salt
Burt just celebrated his first birthday - or anniversary of being rescued, whichever.

He was two levels below ground in a cavernous, gloomy, derelict underground car park. I've no idea how he ended up there. It was dark, hot, and filthy, the floor being covered in engine oil and grime.

Of course that meant he was pretty much covered in oil (note the oily pawprints inside the cat carrier).

It took three baths to get the worst of the oil out, and he howled through every one of them.

Then it was a trip to the vet's where he was given some shots and a clean bill of health. He howled all the way through that as well.

Over the next two weeks he was slowly introduced to our other rescue kitty who overcame her initial hostility after a while when she realised he was here to stay.

He's a confident cat now, over-confident at times - very gregarious and talkative. He follows me around everywhere, talks a lot, plays football, sleeps at my feet, and generally engages in a lot of dog-like behaviour.

However, he does have some definite cat traits, such as ignoring the many scratching posts in the place and preferring to shred the furniture instead. Being a desert cat he has a tendency to periods of hyperactivity interspersed with periods where he lapses into a coma - there's very little in between.

I shudder to think what he's cost me in vet's bills, damaged furniture, expensive cat toys, fancy food, and a Ferris wheel (which he uses - he's on it as a type this) which was eye-wateringly expensive.

He is hugely entertaining, good company, and he is guaranteed to do at least one stupid/clumsy/reckless thing every day that makes me laugh out loud.

Worth every penny.

First day, dirty and scared:

1604031497490.png

As of yesterday, cool, confident lounge leopard - in one of his rare moments of calm:

1604031584180.png

1604031948664.png

"I'm afraid that we shall have to discuss the litterbox situation. Again."

pc flaps

Old-Salt

There is in fact a twitter site for such pubs, called Pubcats!
https://twitter.com/pubcats

One of my favourites is a boozer in london called the Pride of Spitalfields, where the pub cat (now sadly deceased) was called Lenny. He had his favourite sleeping corner, his favourite seat (woe betide anyone who sat in it) and so on.