Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Vanya got his name as Mini Me wanted him named after the character from The Umbrella Academy... only then she found out that Vanya is a boy. All the explanations from her Russian teacher and I that Vanya is a perfectly great boys name and the baby version of Ivan didn't work. In the end I just put my foot down firmly and said we started with Vanya and we are carrying on or she would have changed it so something soppy like Shadow or Midnight. I go with the Terry Pratchett system of cat names - never name them anything that you aren't willing to shout loudly at 3am while banging a pan with a spoon.
As I may have mentioned earlier, there were times I regretted naming the kitten I got as a Christmas present from my wife Merry Christmas.
She was my first cat.

fv1620

Old-Salt
Box wars!
IMG_20201024_101539a.jpg

fv1620

Old-Salt
She's in sheltering from a horrendous hail storm, she was terrified! :(
View attachment 514810
If she is in all night, she will have to use BWB's cat-litter-tray !!

I did suggest a while ago that such "familiarity", will move the relationship to a whole new level . . . if not with BWB (her brother), than certainly with Boss Hogg, now "clearing-up" after TWO of them !! ;) .

Once the storm has passed I'll put her in the shed with the heating on, I'll leave the cat flap open so she can get out. When I went into feed the guinea pig this morning, she was curled up on the big cushion in there. She can't be trusted to stay in over night as we don't know enough about her at the moment. We don't know if she's litter trained or what she's like nocturnally. BWB is litter trained, we leave all the doors open and he wanders during the night.

Poppy

LE
The cats belonged to his late wife, he's now in his late 60s and more interested in tinkering with his vintage Jaguar than looking after the cats, BWB invited himself in 2 years ago and never went back, now BCB is also on the verge of moving in!

I don't remember if we have been here before, but . . . is there a special proceedure, or ceremony, to celebrate when someone acquires the post-nominal letters . . . "TCF" . . . to use after their name ?!

"TCF" = Two Cat Family !! ;) .

Last edited:
The cats belonged to his late wife, he's now in his late 60s and more interested in tinkering with his vintage Jaguar than looking after the cats, BWB invited himself in 2 years ago and never went back, now BCB is also on the verge of moving in!

If he’s not interested just suggest to him that you adopt her. He’ll probably be relieved, and she’ll be better off in her new loving home.

I think my cat is a bit of a tart
1603579020521.png

MrsHogg. Has gone to bed with BWB sauntering after her, when I go up, she'll be on her back snoring like a freight train with BWB wrapped around her head, I'll either get the snoring or farting in my face all night depending if he's sleeping left to right or vice versa! :D

If he’s not interested just suggest to him that you adopt her. He’ll probably be relieved, and she’ll be better off in her new loving home.
She really is no bother at all, she likes the missus too. She can be quite skittish which is understandable as she seems to be left to her own devices most of the time.
IMG_20201024_234628.jpg

Latest Threads