Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

cat replace child.png

Others may - hopefully - also wish to Sign & Share . . .

DEMAND LEGAL RECOGNITION OF ANIMAL SENTIENCE POST-BREXIT

Imagine, for a moment, that the law doesn’t recognise your ability to feel joy, fear, pleasure, or pain – nor your ability to learn, or your consciousness of the world around you.

Unless the UK Government introduces new laws recognising animal sentience before 1 January 2021, that terrifying prospect will face every single one of the UK’s farm animals.

If you live in the UK, please email your MP today. Urge them to use their influence to ensure animals are recognised as sentient beings in post-Brexit legislation.

View attachment 507938

Also posted on the Dogs thread, and the all-internet-links-videos-pictures-in-here thread.

Sentient beings ? As in right to life and not be my bacon ?

Sentient beings ? As in right to life and not be my bacon ?
No. Don't be silly.

It relates to how animals are reared, treated, cared for, and looked after up to and including their slaughter.

"Right to life" is interesting, with regards to humans, and is dealt with regarding those sentenced to death.

A domesticated, farm animal's "right to life", is pretty much predetermined as only to such time as it reaches "kill weight".

That does not mean until then, it should be not be protected from needless, mindless, often malicious cruelty in all its forms.

Last edited:
No. Don't be silly.

It relates to how animals are reared, treated, cared for, and looked after up to and including their slaughter.

"Right to life" is interesting, with regards to humans, and is dealt with regarding those sentenced to death.

A domesticated, farm animal's right to life, is pretty much predetermined as only to such time as reaches "kill weight".

That does not mean until then, it should be not be protected from needless, mindless, often malicious cruelty in all its forms.

The reason why I asked was the view by the works duty vegan was that this was a milestone in getting animals off the menu and the idea was to keep that under wraps.
Completely agree ref cruelty. Firstly, if you are going to ultimately kill it, you owe it a life in reasonable conditions with fresh water, food and space - animals that have been kept in humane conditions taste better, anyways - and a swift end with minimal pain and fear. Thats one reason why I try hard to get stuff thats had a decent life, proper free range etc. Expensive ? yes, but so my conscience.

No. Don't be silly.

A domesticated, farm animal's "right to life", is pretty much predetermined as only to such time as it reaches "kill weight".

120352948_325607788745061_4336621601860986559_n.jpg

Don't forget Kosher slaughter or you will have at least one of the site apologists on your back.
The concerns about poor animal welfare, are NOT confined to barbaric religious slaughter. There are sufficient TV programmes, cataloguing the inhumane treatment of our furry friends and pets :( .

It is intended all animals in the food-chain, are cared for, treated, and slaughtered HUMANELY.

We know that animals are sentient, but it is not NOW enshrined in law, and until it is, the bastards that inflict cruelty can not be dealt with appropriately.

Bastards that treat defenceless, often restrained animals (whether your domestic pets, or be they part of the food-chain), to needless, mindless, cruelty, would face the law in the same way, as though they had abused humans.

Last edited:
Don't forget Kosher slaughter or you will have at least one of the site apologists on your back.
The concerns about poor animal welfare, are NOT confined to barbaric religious slaughter. There are sufficient TV programmes, cataloguing the inhumane treatment of our furry friends and pets :( .
But the entire slaughter industry didn't change its methods to bring Kosher to the masses whether they wanted it or not. Yet we all have to accept Halal for a tiny percentage of the nation's population.

It is intended all animals in the food-chain, are cared for, treated, and slaughtered HUMANELY.

We know that animals are sentient, but it is not NOW enshrined in law, and until it is, the bastards that inflict cruelty can not be dealt with appropriately.

Bastards that treat defenceless, often restrained animals (whether your domestic pets, or be they part of the food-chain), to needless, mindless, cruelty, would face the law in the same way, as though they had abused humans.

I'm totally on side mate.
I just wanted to point out that there is one poster in particular who will come steaming in with 'What about Kosher' if anybody dares to criticise Halal slaughter techniques.
I won't ID the poster but he is a long standing and well known troll of this parish.

Maybe we should get back to pussies now :biggrin:

I'm totally on side mate.
I just wanted to point out that there is one poster in particular who will come steaming in with 'What about Kosher' if anybody dares to criticise Halal slaughter techniques.
I won't ID the poster but he is a long standing and well known troll of this parish.

Maybe we should get back to pussies now :biggrin:
Bravo!

Bravo!

Latest Threads