Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Wearing the pelt of her enemies ?
Don’t. I got told off for telling recruits before a field ex....”you don’t need water, you can quench your thirst with the blood of your slain enemies. You don’t need food, you can sate your hunger with the flesh of your slain enemies. You don’t need a poncho, you can make a shelter from the flayed skin of your slain enemies”.

Well I thought it was helpful advice.

Anyway, back to the cats....

BCB has been showing off today, she's spending more time at our house than her own!! trying to assimilate us no doubt!
IMG_20200814_175343.jpg
IMG_20200814_193801.jpg
IMG_20200814_200336.jpg

Nope, she just lay there while MrsHogg gave her a good brushing, she lay on her back and let the missus brush her all over! :D

fv1620

Old-Salt
I can see it in the eyes, an ambush coming on!

IMG_20200814_214857a.jpg

This is pretty much what Jarvis did. It’s reached the point that if I see his official human, I lie about how much I’ve seen of him, because she complains she rarely sees him.
BCB's owner stopped me the other day and asked if MrsHogg has been feeding her as she's right off her food - I hadn't noticed she's not eating as she puts away 3 - 4 meals a day at our house!!! :D

Originally I posted it on the "All inter-web videos etc" thread, now copied here, and on the dog thread . . .

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Just something that's popped to mind form a while back. Has anyone else found the RSPCA to be utterly unpleasant and experience with regards to getting a rescue cat?

Had a torrid time with them a few years back when we wanted to give a forever home to an adorable little kitten. The home visit was hell, with numerous nonsensical negative marks such as "Not suitable, the kitten might escape up the chimney " and "The garden is too small" (Was fine for all our previous cats, besides, the kitten was marked as indoor only being a ragdoll).

I presume that 1) the woman just didn't like us and, more likely, 2) one of her chums wanted the cat too.
RSPCA, total and utter carp, got mine from a local rescue charity. Got my old boy from them with multiple health issues, some long term and they even said they would fund his vets fees for life, which I turned down. take on a cat like that you do with all the costs involved. Has cost me this year now on Thyronorm at £100 for approx 50 days supply but I would never be without him, and he's here until the day he dies. They even, if I go away would come in twice a day free of charge to feed my other two and medicate and feed him. They are brilliant, yes I do some transporting of cats to and from the vets if required.

RSPCA euthanse healthy animals rather than try to find them home. Their animal centre in Liverpool was sold off recently for housing. utter and complete sh1te. the branches are independent of the main company.

RSPCA, total and utter carp, got mine from a local rescue charity. Got my old boy from them with multiple health issues, some long term and they even said they would fund his vets fees for life, which I turned down. take on a cat like that you do with all the costs involved. Has cost me this year now on Thyronorm at £100 for approx 50 days supply but I would never be without him, and he's here until the day he dies. They even, if I go away would come in twice a day free of charge to feed my other two and medicate and feed him. They are brilliant, yes I do some transporting of cats to and from the vets if required.

RSPCA euthanse healthy animals rather than try to find them home. Their animal centre in Liverpool was sold off recently for housing. utter and complete sh1te. the branches are independent of the main company.
It's why I try to rescue from the SPCA. Give someone a chance who would otherwise be fucked. I support the other animal charities where I can though, as their guys are not in danger.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer

Just one of a series of articles from the Times.

Latest Threads