Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

My son encountered this very chill dude in Haifa today. People all around waiting for buses or walking past just inches away from him. Weather is very hot.
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-09 at 16.22.41 (1).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-09 at 16.22.41.jpg

Last edited:
Just something that's popped to mind form a while back. Has anyone else found the RSPCA to be utterly unpleasant and experience with regards to getting a rescue cat?

Had a torrid time with them a few years back when we wanted to give a forever home to an adorable little kitten. The home visit was hell, with numerous nonsensical negative marks such as "Not suitable, the kitten might escape up the chimney " and "The garden is too small" (Was fine for all our previous cats, besides, the kitten was marked as indoor only being a ragdoll).

I presume that 1) the woman just didn't like us and, more likely, 2) one of her chums wanted the cat too.

Just something that's popped to mind form a while back. Has anyone else found the RSPCA to be utterly unpleasant and experience with regards to getting a rescue cat?

Had a torrid time with them a few years back when we wanted to give a forever home to an adorable little kitten. The home visit was hell, with numerous nonsensical negative marks such as "Not suitable, the kitten might escape up the chimney " and "The garden is too small" (Was fine for all our previous cats, besides, the kitten was marked as indoor only being a ragdoll).

I presume that 1) the woman just didn't like us and, more likely, 2) one of her chums wanted the cat too.
Yes,, despite the fact that I'd previously adopted 2 dogs and a cat, suddenly my house was too near a main road (more than 1/2 a mile away), garden was insecure, (6 ft fences all round).

I phoned up and spoke to the centre Manager and brought the moggy home that afternoon.

I've had a couple of useless and unpleasant encounters with their inspectors too.

Last edited:

tiv

LE

Local RSPCA lady was helpfulness itself when we got a dog from them. Subsequently when Jessie passed away we contacted her again and she said there was a lady with two Labs going in to a flat and couldn't keep them, she was busy, gave use the details and said to have a look and if we were both happy just take them. RSPCA lost the rehoming fees but we got two super dogs for free!

Local RSPCA lady was helpfulness itself when we got a dog from them. Subsequently when Jessie passed away we contacted her again and she said there was a lady with two Labs going in to a flat and couldn't keep them, she was busy, gave use the details and said to have a look and if we were both happy just take them. RSPCA lost the rehoming fees but we got two super dogs for free!
Seems to be a case of the RSPCA being as good or bad as the inspector infront of you is. :)

fv1620

Old-Salt
Your plastic wildlife doesn't fool me.

IMG_20200810_193432.jpg

fv1620

Old-Salt
I'm off, I'm not even going to look at that pathetic plastic thing like my brother

IMG_20200810_193353.jpg

Latest Threads