Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

TamH70

MIA

fv1620

Old-Salt
You really can't have too much of a good thing, can you?

IMG_20200712_102241a.jpg

fv1620

Old-Salt

TamH70

MIA
To a ******* tree rat. A destructive and invasive species of tree rat no less.
It will grow up thinking that it is a cat, mit purring, hissing at anyone and everything, lapping up milk and nicking chicken when it's mother's slave isn't looking.

I should think the poor creature is bored out of it's mind & this is the most exciting thing it does all day.

wantoutside_lo.jpg

The paw print is so sad…

The shot was taken at a place where the “enclosure” wasn’t much more than a single snow-leopard-bound from side to side. I was kneeling almost within arm’s reach of the perspex, with nothing else between us, but he was too glum to acknowledge me.

I’ve never liked the fact that animals in zoos have so little freedom. But, after I was *cough* 'informally detained' for a bit, I had an epiphany: I was doing my 1000th circuit around the fenced garden, when it occurred to me what it reminded me of. The knackered football (sat abandoned); the trail around the perimeter where previous ‘service users’ had worn away the grass; the dark green heavy-duty wire...

All that was missing was a crowd of Big Cats, gathered around the outside, staring in...

Here, you go, @shopgirl

Something a bit more cheerful! Taken at Marwell where there's much more room, and a lot of thought has gone into sculpting the environment to suit snow leopards.

Cub...

cub.jpg

...and with (long-suffering) mum.

cubandmum.jpg

I get the feeling hat Mum isn't too far off smacking the cub. He/she has a face full of mischief

I think that's the female - she was definitely the naughty one! I've got a shot somewhere of her dive-bombing her brother and mum from a narrow ledge just above the one in those pictures. Never saw mum get the slightest bit annoyed though. I think that sort of hyperactive behaviour is expected by snow leopard mothers. When the cubs were fully charged, they'd be ricocheting between every surface like high-velocity fuzzy pinballs. Sadly, I don't have any [useable] pictures for obvious reasons!

TamH70

MIA
Here, you go, @shopgirl

Something a bit more cheerful! Taken at Marwell where there's much more room, and a lot of thought has gone into sculpting the environment to suit snow leopards.

Cub...

View attachment 489668

...and with (long-suffering) mum.

View attachment 489671
Is this the Marwell you mean, Ev?

I have to confess that I haven't heard of that one before.

Latest Threads