Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats. Feline funnies and other stuff.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Well 3 of my 4 seem to sleep pretty much round the clock particularly when the weather isn't very nice. Tigger I really dont know as he only comes in for food and the occasional nap.
so they probably have the night shift, do they monitor from the windowcills as well?

Londo

LE
fat salad.jpg

Slime

LE
it's down to how they see you I guess and your interaction with them when they are young. if they see you as a parent they will interact with you as such so you end up watch TV with a pair of kittens inside your fleece enjoying the warm. I think that like babies they find comfort in your hearbeat or pulse in the same way they purr to themselves to sooth their anxiety.

all my cats used to head butt or face rub and ask for attention Gracie and Daisy especially love to cuddle, Rosie does too but only on her terms.

spooky used to let ME use him as a pillow as long as I didn't put a lot of weight on him..

Talking/squeaking/chirping/cooing/meowing, Blinking slowly, nose touching and face rubbing are big social triggers with cats - triggers work with dogs too IIRC but psychology is wasted on a dog when all you have to do is give them a treat, jingle the lead and chuck a bloody ball.

they do come to you when stressed for comfort and share scent so no idea how my three will be coping,
she treats them like objects most of the time so no idea how they will be coping with her mental health issues.
After my cat died I worked out that I spent at least 4 hours per day together with him.

When I woke up in the morning he would be at my bedside before I’d even properly sat up in bed. He was there when I went to bed for his daily play fight, and was there an awful lot during the day.

He may have seen me as his parent, but he also saw himself as a spoilt child who did whatever he wanted :)

I don't know if Jeeves has ever been an 'only' cat before. He's certainly revelling in it now.

The only thing he has to share is a couple of mouthfuls of discarded food with Ginger who visits once a day for all of 10 minutes.

All the cuddles and fuss come his way plus all the treats and he has his pick of places on the bed.

He has a permanent smirk.

I hasten to add, before I get drummed out of the Cat Slave Club, that he's never actually gone at all short of food, affection, treats or a sleeping place on the bed, it's just so much better now it's all for him :)

Slime

LE
As an add on to my above, my boy would never come and sit with me or on me unless he was feeling unwell.

In a strange habit he trained me in he would liked to be picked up and cuddled in my arms, and would often have a quick snooze due to the warmth of my arms.
But here is the kicker. After I picked him up I had to stand up holding him, if I sat down he would instantly get down. I would end up sometines three of four times per day stood up with a 7kg lump in my arms for 20 minutes per session.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
As an add on to my above, my boy would never come and sit with me or on me unless he was feeling unwell.
'Arry, our black Tom, has suddenly gone all soft and needy. He used to be out of the door as soon as it opened and wouldn't be seen again until it was nearly dark (other than dinner time obvs), recently he's taken to staying home, wandering around yowling and wanting to sleep on people's laps, even friends that we have round (and he used to run from them).

I don't know if Jeeves has ever been an 'only' cat before. He's certainly revelling in it now.

The only thing he has to share is a couple of mouthfuls of discarded food with Ginger who visits once a day for all of 10 minutes.

All the cuddles and fuss come his way plus all the treats and he has his pick of places on the bed.

He has a permanent smirk.

I hasten to add, before I get drummed out of the Cat Slave Club, that he's never actually gone at all short of food, affection, treats or a sleeping place on the bed, it's just so much better now it's all for him :)

We are down to one cat now. Timmy seems to be enjoying the extra attention (mostly from the daughter).

In a strange habit he trained me in he would liked to be picked up and cuddled in my arms, and would often have a quick snooze due to the warmth of my arms.
But here is the kicker. After I picked him up I had to stand up holding him, if I sat down he would instantly get down. I would end up sometines three of four times per day stood up with a 7kg lump in my arms for 20 minutes per session.

I believe cats play a game with each other. It’s called “let’s see what we can get the human to do next”.

'Arry, our black Tom, has suddenly gone all soft and needy. He used to be out of the door as soon as it opened and wouldn't be seen again until it was nearly dark (other than dinner time obvs), recently he's taken to staying home, wandering around yowling and wanting to sleep on people's laps, even friends that we have round (and he used to run from them).
Is your vet open/working yet ?!

Londo

LE
I would also recommend a vets visit , if nothing else it would put you're mind at rest .